Chapter 5

Pharaoh Atemu didn't stop talking with Kisara at lunch. He told her about his kingdom, the trade relations with other countries and the citizens, the villages and the farms, the deserts and the seas. Kisara listened to the things he said quietly, answering or adding her ideas sometimes. Pharaoh Atemu smiled warmly at her when she participated in the conversation. Later, he started to tell her about the Shadow Games.

"The games are very risky, but I like them nonetheless. It makes them more exciting this way. Many believe I am a worthy player. I do not fear the darkness, I know I have the power to defeat anyone." said Atemu in impressive voice. Kisara looked at him.

"How do you play the Game of Shadows?" she asked curiously. Atemu smiled when he saw she was interested in his favorite hobby. "I think it is better for you to see me dueling. You will get a perfect review on the Shadow Games. I think it is quite interesting. I will do my best for you, Kisara."

Kisara looked at him, blinks of concern appearing in her beautiful ocean eyes. "I heard that if someone loses the duel, he is sent to the shadow realm. Is it true?" she asked. Atemu was silent for a moment. "Yes," he said finally "It is true. But do not worry. The game today isn't a game to settle a war someone's fate. It is a friendly duel, I call it my own practice. I won't let my opponent get lost inside the Shadow Realm." Kisara looked calmer after this statement.

The lunch was finally over, and Atemu held Kisara's hand as they walked to the duel hall. Kisara hadn't forgotten to be polite, and she had to thank Atemu for taking her to see the duel. So as they were getting into the hall, she silently said to him "Thank you for taking me here today, your majesty." Atemu stopped in his tracks, and looked over at her with disbelief in his eyes.

The corridor was shadowed, but Kisara saw his purple eyes looking firmly at her, his hand touching her face as he silently said "Kisara, you should call me Atemu."

Seth was pacing nervously in front of his servants. They were prepared for his mission. The stone boards were ready for him to use. He had to improve his skills as fast as possible, to learn how to play the Shadow Game better.

Seth was a good Duelist, but he always wanted to be better. The power he collected through the years was serving him well. Yet in order to defeat the Pharaoh, he had to be the best of the bests. The Pharaoh was playing the Shadow Games more frequently than Seth. Had Seth wanted to defeat the Pharaoh, he would have to practice more and more. He had till next month for his training, that's all.

Seth raised his millennium Rod, and whispered to the shadows. "Come to me…I want the shadows reach my mind, take me to the out of place." said Seth, as the darkness covered the room he was in.

His servants looked fearful, but none of them screamed or ran away. The darkness settled itself inside Seth's palace, and one of his servants took the place in front of him.

"Let the Shadow Game begin!" exclaimed Seth as he raised his Rod again.

Kisara was little afraid when the shadows covered the Duel hall. She saw Atemu standing in front of his opponent, the two of them looking at each other. Then, Atemu turned his head to her, while his rival was getting ready. He smiled at her, and she nodded. (I have to make this duel the best for her,) thought Atemu while preparing his moves (I wish she would feel more close to me afterwards).

"Go, Sand Snake!" said Atemu's opponent "My snake will crush your lifepoints and make this game the shortest you've ever played!" he said. Then a huge stone board with an image of snake was laid in front of him, and the image glowed. The Sand Snake appeared on the board, hissing and eyeing Atemu.

Atemu smiled in amusement. "I like to play with you," he said "You are so serious. It's not a real game, you know. But that's alright! I place my Fire Knight!" a board was laid in front of Atemu, and his monster appeared, getting out from the stone. "Attack, Fire Knight, show him what you can do!" shouted Atemu, and a fire blast passed though the hall. The Sand Snake was defeated. Atemu opponent's lifepoints dropped.