Chapter Five: Mistletoe

{ Alfred's POV }

"Aw man, it's finally Christmas~~!!!" I laughed, fist bumping the air above my head as I jumped out of bed, running over to my dresser so that I could prepare myself for the day ahead. 

I had to make sure I looked bomb. I mean, I was throwing this totally awesome Christmas party, after all. Since, all my family is never home....Why not spend Christmas with friends right?

I smirked at my reflection, moving over to my dresser, pulling out the perfect formal, yet casual, outfit and slipping it on before checking myself out in the mirror.

The purple, button down, long sleeve shirt was just tight enough to show my muscles. It went perfect with the pair of dark blue jeans, black belt, and black formal shoes I was wearing.

Walking back over to my dresser, I combed through my hair with my finger and sprayed myself with cologne before checking myself out one more time. "Damn, I look good. As always," I muttered under my breath before making my way downstairs to set up for tonights events, making sure to leave a few mistletoe all over the place for those lucky lovebirds to get caught under. As I had done for years. Every year was the same. Every party was the same. But

Later that night, the party was in full motion and booming. People were laughing and drinking. Dancing and playing games. It was just a real ball! But, one thing was still missing....

Arthur hadn't shown up yet. Although, I did not expect him to. He was probably still pissed at me, after all. 

I sighed, starring out the window in my living room. Why did I care so much anyway? He probably wanted to spend Christmas with his family and not an idiot like me.....Wait, what am I saying!? I'm making it sound like we're dating or something. 

I scowled, turning my head to look at the front door. And that's when I saw him, deciding whether or not he should knock or make a run for it. The snow had been falling for a while now, and it clung to his pale skin...His long eyelashes....His plush, pink lips-Oh my god Alfred, snap out of it!!

I mentally slapped myself for daydreaming about him, making my way over to the front door and opening it. "You've missed most of the party....," I smirked, stepping aside so that the dirty blonde could enter.

"Well....You know I'm not really much of a party person....," He sighed, walking past me and quickly blending into the crowd.

"Artie....?" I asked, trying my best to fallow him, "Dude, what's wrong?"

"Nothing," His voice called out. Although I couldn't see him, I followed his voice into the kitchen. "Dude, talk to me."

"I'm fine, Alfred, don't worry about it," The Brit rolled his eyes, pouting a cup of soda, "Why do you worry so much anyway? It's not like I'm your problem....You don't have to deal with me," He sighed, placing his drink down on the counter and fiddling with his thumbs.

"I....I don't know why I care so much....Iggy....I.....You are my problem. Shit, no, I don't mean problem, I mean," I scowled, stepping closer, "You are my friend! One of my closest friends! And if something is wrong, I need to know, because....I can help you. I care so much about you."

"Why? Because you're the all high and mighty class president? Please, you couldn't even help yourself if you wanted to...."

"A-Arthur!" I scoffed, pinning him against the counter with my legs, "What the hell is your problem!?"

"I-Its nothing!" You could literally hear the nervous tone of his voice. The man was shaking....Tears threatening to spill out of the corners of his emerald eyes.

"It has to be something!!"

"Fine!! You really want to know what it is?! Fine!! I'll tell you!! It's just-" He froze, his eyes fixed on something above us.

"What....?" I asked, looking up. My eyes widened in realization when I saw one of the mistletoes I had hung earlier this day. I was completely frozen, staring at the object in awe before finally looking back down at my British friend.

He was looking at me with this look of innocents in his eyes....A faint blush spread across his slightly freckled cheeks.

"A-Alfred....," he muttered, playing with the buttons on my purple shirt, avoiding any eye contact with me.

"Sorry....," I apologized, realising my grip on him.

"No....idiot....," Arthur rolled his eyes, grabbing my shirt collar and pulling me down to his height. Our eyes met, and my breath hitched. But, I couldn't look away. I just kept staring into those large, emerald eyes of his. Not even noticing him speak again, "Can't you take a hint?"

"H-Huh?-" My words were cut off by a pair of soft, plush lips meeting my own. My eyes widened in shock, but....It felt so good.

I quickly found myself melting into the kiss. Closing my eyes and wrapping my arms around my scrawny friend. Holding onto him for dear life as if he would run away at any moment. It was just so perfect for some reason. Like, one of those cheesy movie scenes. Like fireworks were going off behind us, and, the kiss was actually brining the two of us closer together. 

I wanted to stay like this forever. Engulfed in this perfect kiss. But, he had to come up for air eventually.

"W-Wow....," Arthur blushed, starring into my sapphire eyes.

"I know," I paused for a moment, not exactly sure what to say, Merry Christmas?" I chuckled, pulling him in for another long and passionate kiss.

_______________________________

Author's Note

Don't forget to:

•Vote

•Comment

•Follow

•And check out my other stories

I love you guys~~!!!!

-A