Chapter 8

(The last chapter and this one was inspired by the song Stitches by Shawn Mendes.)

Tom continued to walk, smiling at the memories he had seen. Tord used to be so nice to him when they first moved in. They barely fought, but when they did, it was messy and brutal. When they didn't fight, though, they were close friends. He wished they would have stayed that way instead of Tord slowly floating away from him and growing hateful to him.

Before long, he stopped, realizing he reached an, seemingly, abandoned school. It was the elementary school where the four originally met. He smiled and entered, again, finding the doors unlocked and open, like they waited for him.
As Tom walked around the halls, he smiled as he remembered how the four met. The Brit was a lonely kid at his school, but Tord was the one who talked to him first and welcomed him into his group of friends. The norski barely knew how to talk correct English, since he had just moved there from Norway, but Tom didn't mind. He taught it was kind of cute how he stuttered over his words.

Tom reached their old classroom, smiling. Another memory waited inside for him, one where Tord and him were little kids. They were playing with blocks in the far corner of the room, laughing and talking about something that Tom couldn't understand. He walked up to them, forgetting what memory this is, for he had forgotten most of his kindergarten memories.
He stayed silent, watching his past self and past Tord laugh. Suddenly, the two stopped and Tord seemed to mumble a question. Whatever it was, kid Tom nodded at it and smiled. Tord smiled back and quickly kissed his cheek, causing the two to blush. Tom blushed as well, chuckling. He didn't exactly remember the memory, but it was adorable. He left the room as the memory faded away from him and left the school, walking back to the main four's house. He couldn't hear anything, not a breeze, not a bird whistle, it was just silence as he reached the house. He gulped at what he saw.

He saw a fully colored version of Tord's robot, standing in front of the house. Tom ran out of it, he saw his mentor version through the chair at the robot, and Tord shot the middle at him, laughing. Suddenly. He stopped. The robot stopped moving as Tord seemed stuck, looking at the rubble. Tom ran over to the memory scene, looking up and actually seeing Tord's face. It looked terrified, scared. He looked confused as he glanced over at the rubble of the house. He slowly walked towards it, pushing rubble out of the way. From what he remembered, he had the harpoon gun by now and Tord was about to take off, but nothing happened, everyone was frozen almost. He looked around again. Tord seemed to be crying, from what he could see, along with Edd and Matt. He pushed the rubble out of the way and took a step back, his eyes wide and completely white.

Under the rubble, next to his harpoon gun, was Tom's body. He had a large rip in his stomach where blood was gushing out of. He checked his own pulse: nothing was there. He gulped and looked over to the frozen three. Everything seemed to unpause, like a tv show that was put on hold. Edd and Matt ran through Tom, over to his memory's body, crying. Tord stopped his robot and climbed out and down a ladder on the side of it, his face stained in tears. Tom watched as the norski ran over to his body. Everything seemed to fade to black expect for his own corpse and Tord, who was hugging him close.
Tom walked over to him, listening to what Tord was saying. He could clearly hear the norski crying into the Brit's torn jacket.
"I'm sorry, Thomas! I'm so sorry!" He cried. Tom's heart broke slightly as he noticed Tord's tone was high and desperate, as if the words would bring him back if he meant it. "Tom... I'm sorry..." he continued. "I shouldn't have done that... I didn't mean for you to die... this is all my fault!" Tord cried out, hugging his body close. Tom gulped as he felt a cold presence behind him. He turned around and was faced with the ghost that Tord now was.
"It's funny." He stated. "If I killed you, I would have done that. I would have cried over your body, screaming sorrys. But what did you do? You cheered and smiled as I was blown into the sky."
"What... do you mean?" Tom asked. He assumed that Tord was killed by the explosion, but he sounded like the Brit was the one who killed him.
"You'll see soon enough." Tord stated.

Tom's world went black.