Chapter 5

Another week flew by after that. Tom became paranoid. He guessed that Tord would strike again soon, and that it was his turn to be haunted by the commie. He didn't lock himself up, like Edd and Matt did, but he sure did seem more fidgety and jumpy than he normally was. This worried his friends, but they didn't bother to ask him what was wrong, knowing that, if they did, he would just ignore them and either change the subject or just say 'I'm fine'.

After a week and a half passed, Tom started calming down. He went back to his old ways of just being cool with anything and not caring.
He decided that his apartment was getting a little bit too messy for even his taste, so he started cleaning one day. He threw away multiple empty Smirnoff bottles, pizza boxes, and other random items and made sure everything was in order. When Edd came over to say hi to him, he was completely confused as to why the Brit suddenly cared about his apartment. Tom dismissed it, though, and his friend had left.

That's what it hit him.

Once Edd had closed the door to Tom's apartment, he felt a slight pain in his chest. Not all too bad, it just felt someone was slightly squeezing his heart, which wasn't very comfortable, either. He shrugged it off and continued his work.
A few minutes later, the pain grew. It didn't feel like someone was squeezing his heart, it felt like someone and holding on tight into his lungs, which made it hard for him to breath. He decided to take and break and sit down, wondering why this was happening.

After a minute or two, it faded. Tom got up and made his way into his small kitchen to clean it up. That's when the pain returned, even stronger this time. He leaned against the counter, gritting his teeth in pain and squeezing his eyes shut. It felt like someone had stabbed him with something, and it hurt like hell. He calmed down his breathing, since it hurt too much to gasp for air, and tried to calm down. He wondered if he had asthma and this was an attack, or if he was having a heart attack.
Suddenly, he heard a slight dripping sound. Like a leaking faucet. He slowly opened his eyes and looked down, his eyes turning white.

It was just like his dream before this all happened, but real. One of his bright blue harpoons was stuck in his chest, with its tip sticking out of his chest and the end sticking out of his back. He stumbled back, listening to the dripping again. It was his own blood hitting the floor. His eyes were clouded with a red mist before he collapsed, feeling blood leak out of his mouth.

Tom opened his eyes again and pushed himself up once he realized he was back in the black void. The harpoon was still in his chest, but it didn't hurt, so he ignored it.
   "Tord?!" He screamed and looked around as his voice echoed throughout the 'room'.
   "Yes?~" he heard a voice purr and he turned around. He was greeted by a floating form of a ghost. He was red and surrounded by mist. His torso went into a tail-like wisp behind him and he had clawed hands. The top of his head created the two horns that the communist was known for having as hair, and his right eye was completely black while the other was white with a black ring around it. He chuckled and floated up to Tom.
  "What the hell are you doing to me?!" Tom screamed at him.
   "I'm making you suffer." Tord responded simply. His red clawed hand grabbed the harpoon in Tom's chest and he gave it a yank, causing pain to fill the Brit's body and he screamed out. Tord laughed, dropping his arm.
   "I would kill you, but I want you to suffer." 
    "I'm going to die anyways... that harpoon in my real body is making me bleed out."
    Tord hummed. "Maybe you're right, Thomas. Or maybe you're wrong." The ghosts stated before disappearing from Tom's vision. The Brit collapsed again.

  He knew he was going to die.