Chapter 5: A Shut-in to the Extreme

Start from the beginning

Mingxia Jie frowned at this new revelation but agreed to the terms of Hei Laohu. When she woke up she was surrounded by her maids. Smiling she sat up from her bed.

-" Don't scare us like that Madame."

-"It was just a dizzy spell. You guys worry too much."

-"And for good reason Madame."

-"I'll get some sleep for today. You are excused."

Once the door was closed Mingxia Jie spoke in her mind 'OUT' and forced Hei Laohu out of the Blood Soul Jade; a soft meow came from her lap. Looking down she saw Hei Laohu's explanation was quite consistent. Hei Laohu was instead of a black tiger a black kitten. Hei Laohu meowed:

-"Don't worry, you can understand me, it's a mental link. However, I won't be able to transform until you reach a certain level as a cultivator."

Hei Laohu as well explained that what Mingxia Jie needed to do to cultivate was to sit in the Lotus position and search her soul for qi. It just so happened that King Yama blessed this demon as a genius cultivator. Hei Laohu explained that cultivation had multiple levels.  The first level was the Chuxue qi which was when a cultivator merely dipped their toes into the cultivation pool. Afterward, the continued to cultivate they would reach the Zho qi. Which was levelled from red being the weakest and purple being the strongest. However, there were levels that were above purple, after achieving purple it was possible to break into white which is the level required for becoming immortal and then black. Only one person had passed into the black in the last eight millenniums. Hei Laohu as well said that pill refining will also increase the chances of a breakthrough though only certain pills will help certain cultivators based on the four elements. So water based pills will help water based cultivators the easiest comparatively to fire based cultivators.

Mingxia Jie had asked Lifen to go retrieve more books for her from the list she handed to Lifen. Lifen almost wanted to vomit blood from a number of books their miss wanted. It was so many that there wasn't any white left on the paper. Lifen from then on enlisted the help of a dozen guards as well as Lan and He to help her.

When Kangxi Di Guo had returned from court, he had fought his own battles and went to his study to be able to make up a battle plan for the possibility of an upcoming war. Now Kangxi Di Guo was a large fan of books, his study was one that was immense that contained multiple books and scrolls. But what he says when he entered was the exact opposite. All his books on cultivation and theory of pills disappeared from their shelves. Half of his collection of war history books and scrolls were missing as well. What was as well missing were multiple books on medicine and strategy. 

He spoke to the guard through gritted teeth:

-"Who took all these books..?"

-"Reporting to wangye...Um, well... The wangfei's maids, as well as a small squad of a dozen off-duty guards, had carried all the books to the wangfei's courtyards. We tried to stop them, however, the maids carried a face of pity for both themselves and us as well stating 'You poor, poor souls having to deal with both wangye's fury when he returns and the so imminent wangfei's lust for knowledge.' 

Kangxi Di Guo was furious, how could a woman want to know battle strategy and the art of war! She was probably thinking it would earn her affection if she stole his books. She's probably mistreating them and maybe even setting them ablaze!

He pushed past his wangfei's maids and broke down the door. But the sight he was not what he had expected in the slightest. The books had been in piles of history, the art of war, scroll types, medicine, pill refining theory, and cultivation. In the middle of all the books were strewn around different books on different topics, notes scattered and in the middle of all the mess sat his wangfei.

She had been sitting beautifully reading a book on history reading close to a lamp. A little black kitten in her lap, her ink black hair disappearing into the darkness of the books behind her. A pure white dress making it the focus of his eyes. It's as if he had stumbled into a knowledgeable immortal.

Mingxia Jie had turned around to see the dumbfounded Kangxi wangye staring straight at her. Her smile disappeared and a frown instead appeared. She spoke with a hint of annoyance:

-"You're disturbing me, leave."

Seeing that the dumbfounded wangye hasn't moved, she became more frustrated with her. She grabbed his collar and pushed him back out the way he came. But he still didn't move. Mingxia Jie's brows creased out of pure utter annoyance. She repeated herself:

-"Leave."

And then  she backed up and ran straight to him, she had already passed into the Zho qi red and used  qi to kick him with enough force to fly directly out of her courtyard. Now Kangxi wangye was strong in many ways and had been caught off guard to not put up any defenses. She didn't want to be disturbed and she had. She was frustrated. She walked back to her inner rooms and slammed the doors with enough force that it could be heard all throughout her courtyard. 

Meanwhile, Kangxi Di Guo had flown completely out of Mingxia Jie's courtyard. It just so happens that both Lou Chang and Zhang Cong had been bantering about near that courtyard because they were on their merry way to see their beloved friend. Then suddenly heard the sound of something approaching them, to see the sight of a body of a grown man flying at you was not something you react to calmly. However, Lou Chang had taken this time to push his beloved friend Zhang Cong into to crossfire of the projectile having had both his beloved friends completely out cold did he question 'where in the devil's name did he come from?' Following the path of where it came from his jaw dropped.

He hadn't expected that at all, wangfei's courtyard? But how? He must further investigate. He asked a few guards to help him carry them back to the study and treat them. Back at Mingxia Jie's courtyard had already bottlenecked the Zho qi red level and was about to break through. If any cultivator heard this they would surely turn green from envy.

In all honesty, she had sped up her cultivation by pill refining. While studying Hei Laohu had mentioned that the Blood Soul Jade carried 8 beads , that were embedded in her skin with round circles with different design patterns. Each bead was a different room. In the first room was where she had found Hei Laohu, in the second room a set of books and a cauldron lay there. The cauldron was used for pill refining and the books carried pill formulas. Hei Laohu as well taught her how to use the cauldron. She tried opening the third bead but couldn't. Hei Laohu explained that it was because she needed to break into the orange that she could open it. The more Zho qi levels were broken the more rewards she would receive.

Mingxia Jie had achieved bottlenecking the red in about 3 months. But she had shut herself inside her inner rooms for 3 months. Everyone had thought she had died, but her maids had other ideas.'Their Miss wouldn't eat or sleep..no matter how much they tried. Their Miss had a thirst for knowledge that she shut the world out completely. She was a shut-in to the extreme!' 

Mingxia Jie had wanted to continue cultivation but a tim bit of information had made its way through her walls. It just so happened that Kangxi wangye had gifted more concubines to Lou Chang. She asked her maids to dress her and for Lifen to follow Lou Chang's new concubines.

Mingxia Jie had changed into bright red robes and waited til Lifen arrived. Hei Laohu questioned:

-"Why are you going?"

-"He could be useful to us."

Lifen returned and explained what she had seen. Mingxia Jie smiled and stood up:

-"Let's go see what our good doctor Lou Chang is up to?"

_______________________________________

I'm deciding to try and post more chapters; however, the only downside is that the chapters will be much shorter than the ones I'm posting right now. 

I hope you liked this chapter, and I'm not one to ask but I'd really like if you could vote it you are enjoying my story up until now. Thank you :)