Chapter 19

I Kissed Her Scars

Chapter 19

I quickly rushed to my car, feeling guilt all over of just leaving Alice hanging there, after how excited she was to go to this dance.

I decided to do something about it. I took my phone and dialed Harry's number.

"Hello?" he answered.

The fact that he didn't know that it was me that was calling him probably meant that he had deleted me from his contacts.

"Hey man, it's Connor."

"Oh... Uhm... Listen, no hard feelings or anything... I'm not supposed to be talking to you. Rylan's orders."

"Then don't talk, just listen."

Silence on the other end of the phone.

"You have a date to the dance?"

Silence.

"Harry..."

"I thought I was just supposed to listen, not talk. Gosh Connor, you're so confusing."

I bobbed my head back in frustration.

"Okay. Talk."

"But I'm not supposed to be talking to you."

"OH FOR CHRIST'S SAKES HARRY!!!"

"Okay! Okay... What's up?"

I decided to speak very slowly for him to understand.

"Do... You... Have... A... Date... To... The... Dance...?"

"Oh... Uhm... Nope. Single man. Just at home right now."

"What if I told you I have a date for you?"

"She cute?"

"She's Alice."

"Alice??? I thought she was going with you."

"No Harry, she's not."

"Why?"

"Because, I wanted to go with someone else."

"Kinda harsh for Alice, dontcha think?"

"Yea, it's also harsh to go to the dance with her when I don't even have the interest in going. That's why I'm finding her someone else. You."

"Ahhh... I seeee... But who else did you want to go with?"

"A girl by the name of Emma."

"Oh... Don't worry man. No need to be embarrassed. I won't tell anyone that you have a thing for her."

"You know what Harry, I honestly don't care who knows it or not. I couldn't care less. Spread that around all you want."

"Oh... Okay. I'll be sure to make it the biggest gossip of the school I guess..."

I chuckled, "But make sure you do one thing."

"What's that?"

"Treat her right, treat her like a gentlemen."

"Alice???"

"Yea."

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why are you being so nice to her? Finding her a date and asking him to treat her right. Isn't Alice like kind of a bitch to Emma? The one who you're desperately in love with???"

"I didn't say I was desperately in love with Emma, but I guess I am. And you know Harry, I've matured a lot over the past couple months. There's a line between mature and immature. My old immature self would've seeker for revenge and have held it against her for as long as I live. But mature me... I realize that everything happens for a reason, and everyone does something for a reason. Some of those things they've done for certain reasons may grind your gears, but we should always forgive them. Everyone has reasons for doing things, everyone has reasons for doing the things they do, but we may never know those reasons. We shouldn't be mad at them for those reasons. Just forgive, let go, and move on."

"Wow... That was a lot to take in... Can you repeat that?"

I rolled my eyes, "Just go to Alice's house and take her to the goddamn dance!!! I have things to do Harry!!!"

"What do you need to do?"

"Find the girl I love, and win her back."

"AWWWW!!!" he shrieked, "THIS IS TOO CUTE IT'S LIKE A LITTLE ROMANCE STORY!!!"

"Harry... Are you telling me you're a little softie?"

"What... No..."

"Then shut up and take her to the dance!!!"

"What does that hafta do with being a softie???"

"JUST PICK HER UP AND TAKE HER TO THE GODDAMN DANCE!!!"

"Alright alright, bye."

"Remember, treat her like a gentlemen."

"Yes Connor, I know. Gosh, and people say that I talk a lot. C'mon Connor, just hang up already so we can do our thing."

I took a deep breath of frustration, "Bye Harry."

And I hung up before I could hear him say another word on the phone.

So while I was counting on Harry to take Alice to the dance, I started to continue my search for Emma, ignoring the fact that I was still in a dress shirt, vest, and dress pants. If Alice saw somebody wearing the same colour dress as her this time, guess it's all for Harry to deal with.

I went to the mall, looked through every single store, asking every single cashier and worker if they've seen 'this girl.' No one. I left, and just my luck... It started raining. Shoot.

Did she find any shelter? Or was she just outside in the pouring rain getting sick??? This created even more pressure in my mind that I had to find her. The one thing I was most scared of... That she had died. Or worse... Committed suicide. I still get haunting dreams from the last time I was the reason she almost killed herself. If I was the reason again this time... I could never forgive myself. No matter how much I learned of the importance of forgiving people.

I drove all over town, even the places I had already checked. Was she at the school dance??? Probably not, since the only piece of clothing she had was my oversized tshirt and baggy grey sweats.

Ughh where was she??? Should I check her house??? I was scared as hell... But I would do anything for her.

~~~

Vote comment share :)