Chapter 13

I Kissed Her Scars

Chapter 13

"Why can't you tell me what happened??" she asked.

"I can't tell you," I replied.

"And why is that?"

"I... I... I can't."

"I... I... I think that's a great excuse. But if you wanna fool me, I suggest a better one."

"No, I'm serious! Emma, please, just trust me."

"Why should I??? I trusted you when you said you'd tell me everything and never hide a thing from me. Well, I trusted. And you let me down."

"Emma, please--"

"Nevermind," she said angrily, "I'm leaving."

She opened the door of my car and left before I could say anything.

So, she left and didn't talk to me for days. I kept having to continue to follow in with Rylan's plan to keep her from getting in trouble.

•••

"Okay Connor," said Rylan, " Time for our plan to commence."

"Alright," I said nervously.

"Let's go."

"Wait!" I interrupted.

"What?"

"School only starts in 15 minutes... I wanna check to see if the CD works..."

"He raised his eyebrow, "Really Connor...? How hard is it to transfer a song from the computer onto a CD?"

"... Very."

"Whatever," he said, tossing me the CD, "Knock yourself out."

I turned around, heading for the library with a smile on my face. My plan had commenced.

So basically I was in the library just to hide there for about 3 minutes, pretending to be on the computer and pretending to listen to the CD to 'test it out.'

I got out after 3 minutes, Harry was there with him and I handed him the CD with the real national anthem.

"Here."

"Are you sure it works now?" he asked me, in a voice as if he was talking to a 4 year old.

"Yes, it does work," I said in the same voice, mocking him.

"Okay... Well... The national anthem starts in like 8 minutes, so... Be ready to make a fool out of emo Emma."

I got uncomfortable. She may have been mad at me but I would never stop caring and worrying about her.

"Yea," I replied coldly to him, "Okay."

"Okay, Harry, I will play the CD on the stereo next to the intercom, it will go on the PA system, and I'm making it your duty to afterwards say "National Anthem song has been brought to you by Emma Whatsherface."

"You mean O'Donnel??" I asked.

"Yea yea," he said, "Whatever. And Connor, your job is just to sit in your first class and listen to the joy of what I like to call 'getting Emma Whatsherface in trouble."

"O'Donnel."

"Uhm yea, like I care."

We stood there in awkward silence.

"It starts in 3 minutes... We better get moving," said Rylan to Harry.

"Okay," Harry replied.