Mingxia Jie spoke softly as she read the book:

-"Wangye; where will I be staying?"

-"Isn't it our consummation night wangfei?"

-"There is no need; we can hold it off. I have no interest in you, and you have no interest in me."

Kangxi Di Guo was speechless. This was the first time that he had heard a woman didn't have an interest in him. It was a vicious blow to his ego, but Mingxia Jie didn't know that. She just merely stated the facts. Kangxi Di Guo sighed and grabbed her hand, Mingxia Jie didn't expect that but her eyes betrayed her overall blank expression. She was dragged by Kangxi Di Guo to her new courtyards speaking as he walked:

-"Tomorrow the ce fei and shiqi will be coming over to pay respects to you."

A devilish smile bloomed on Mingxia Jie's face, she quickly replied:

-"And here I thought you were a cut-sleeve?"

Kangxi wangye turned around quickly and loomed over her intimidatingly.

-"Say that to my face again."

-"And here I thought you were a. Cut. Sleeve. While we are talking can you as well send over some advanced medical books and cultivation books?"

-"As for the women, I couldn't get rid of them. If you get rid of them for me, I'll reward you."

-"Deal." 

Kangxi Di Guo shook his head and rolled his eyes, 'She certainly has guts, I'll give her that'. He was confused but still did as his wangfei asked. That night Mingxia Jie couldn't help but squeal in her mind. 'I'll be killing two birds with one stone!' How fortunate for Mingxia Jie because the next day the ce fei and shiqi would be arriving at her courtyards. The woman known as the ce fei was Che Baozhai; her family was that of a scholarly one helping Kangxi wangye in court. Behind Che Baozhai was Li Chutao. Her family as well followed Kangxi wangye but her father was only a fifth-ranked officer so she needed to rely on bigger families for help.

The next day after being left alone by Kangxi wangye, Mingxia Jie rose from her bed and prepared to receive the other two women.  On the way to Mingxia Jie's courtyard, Che Baozhai knew that this new wangfei wasn't favoured by their wangye so she still acted as she normally did thinking she could subdue the wangfei. She spoke up without Mingxia Jie allowing her to:

-"Wangfei; you mustn't worry about the wangfu. I have been controlling it this whole time there is no need for you to step in."

-" Ce fei;  I thank you for your offer, but would you disgrace our wangye by not letting bengong take care of it? Of course not, you would become someone else's playtoy.  You know whose, right?"

Che Baozhai's face paled immensely as if she had heard the words to her death row. Though they weren't that far off. She blurted out:

-"Please don't give me to Lou Chang! I don't want to be like those other women!"

Mingxia Jie's ears perked up.'There were other men in this fu? Who was Lou Chang? Where was he? And what other women?' She decided to leave these questions on their own because she had yet to look for an answer. She realized that she would have to do some digging if she was going to be able to make sure no one could trap her. 

She had heard through the maids and whispers that the emperor gifted Kangxi wangye multiple concubines, but he had gifted all of them to Lou Chang, though she couldn't further explore this new idea because she was interrupted by Li Chuntao. 

-"Wangfei, this lowly servant had not the intention to be rude but may we leave?"

Mingxia Jie mocked Li Chuntao in her heart and a beautiful smile grew on Mingxia Jie's face:

-"Yes, of course, you can. I just had the same idea. Also, I'd much rather you two do not come to pay respects to me at all. Actually you two should just be relocated to your own residences in the countryside. How does that sound?"

Their mouths hung open for at least half a day before they recovered from it.

-"W..Wa..Wangfei.. you must be joking? Every fu's ce fei and shiqi not living in the wangfu."

-"Yes wangfei, you must think of the wangye's face."

Mingxia Jie's smile flourished even more beautifully:

-"I'm not the type who likes to receive fake respect from others and besides; this is  Kangxi wangfu; and not every other fu. Right?

Che Baozhai couldn't handle this wangfei, and out of pure terror, she fainted. The ce fei's personal maid screamed:

-"CE FEI!"

-"Well. Shoo. Your places will be ready in a bit."

Eternally Ambitious Wangfeiजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें