Chapter 57: Ballroom Bloodbath

Start from the beginning

Cammie put Riley down to sleep and observed herself in the mirror. She did keep a little weight after the pregnancy, her stomach wasn't as flat as it was before and she did have stretch marks to the side but it made her love herself even more. Kash did buy her something to get rid of them but she thinks it makes her look real. So many people have babies and look so perfect afterwards. Cammie was losing her little stomach on her own time and she didn't mind.

After a while, she headed downstairs and called Candace to come over. It was early on a Saturday morning and Candace finally took Cammie's advice. She has someone else helping her run the store so she could step out if she needs to.

Cammie scrambled some eggs and whipped up a batter of pancakes. When Candace came over, she embraced her younger sister as she always does and came right into the kitchen. "Are you eating?" Cammie asked.

"No Rebekah and Nicholas made breakfast for me this morning. They made a damn_ mess but it was still delicious." she smiled.

"That's sweet of them." Cammie complimented as she took a plate of food.

"Riley is asleep?" Candace asked as she followed Cammie out into the living room and they relaxed on the sofa.

"Yeah. She was up all night and was so fussy so she didn't sleep well. I don't know what it is." Cammie sighed as she started eating.

"Nicholas was like that. Stayed up all night and cried, making me lose my mind." Candace reminisced.

"Sounds just like her." Cammie nodded, "You know I have two pairs of glasses now?" she asked her sister.

"Did you check to see if you have glaucoma or something?" Candace asked.

"I did, they gave me all sorts of tests. I just simply cannot see. It's not getting worse, I have always been this blind. I have these," Cammie pointed to the new dark brown frames on her face, "they are for everything and then red ones for when I'm reading."

"That's serious. You better not lose them either." Candace raised her eyebrows.

"Trust me, I won't."

They put on the tv and skipped from channel to channel until they settled on a science fiction channel but just left it on in the background as they talked. "How are things with you and Raoul?" Candace asked Cammie.

"They're alright. He's just at work a lot." Cammie lied about Kash's 'job'.

"More then usual or-" Candace asked.

"No, his regular time. It's just that I'm so jealous. I don't like not having a job and a good one at that. I used to have like 2 or 3 jobs and now I just stay home. No, that's going to change." Cammie waved her fork in the air.

"Alright but both of you guys can't be crazy with work and leave Riley to raise herself." Candace said and she always says that when Cammie talks about getting a job.

"Oh boy, shut up." Cammie rolled her eyes and washed the dishes she used.

"Mhm, because I'm right! Candace yelled to the kitchen.

"No, you are so annoying. You're warning me about stuff that I know already."

"I'm just ensuring that you do the right thing." Candace told her somewhat stubborn sister.

"Since when do you do the right thing?" Cammie mumbled, thinking that Candace wouldn't hear but she did. When Cammie returned, Candace was looking her up and down.

"You seem all quiet and reserved but you have too much of a smart mouth." Candace pointed out.

"I am smart, that is why I always have a comeback for the nonsense you say. I'm not stupid Candace, I know what I have to do." Cammie huffed.