Chapter Thirty One

The next few of weeks went by pretty quickly. I spent as much time with Megan as I could but because of everything that happened with Jaclyn and John people were definitely paying attention more which made it more difficult.

Jordan and I hadn't really talked much but we weren't fighting and it didn't seem like she hated me so at least I could be grateful for that. I did want to have a conversation with her that I hoped would give her and me a little more peace of mind.

I hadn't really made a decision on what to do about Megan but it was becoming increasingly difficult to stay away from her and as her release date approached I knew that I would have to make a decision soon.

I finally convinced Lauren to set up a night for me to meet Vanessa, which upon further discussion she openly admitted she was falling in love with her. We were going out tomorrow night so I had to prepare my best friend if you hurt her speech.

In the meantime I was on my way into work for another midnight shift, tonight I was working with someone that I didn't really know and I was ok with it because I hoped she didn't know much about me either.

I headed into the locker room my eyes wandering to the people around me. The whispers going on in the corner, the two guys jokingly play fighting over some bet they made. I wondered how many of these people actually considered the people they worked with their friends, knowing how much people talk about each other here.

John had been let go, it was bad enough if someone had accused him of sleeping with an inmate but to have your supervisor actually walk in on you, it was a no brainer.

Jaclyn had been transferred after the incident with Megan she continued to try and pick fights with everyone around her so it was in everyone's best interest for her not to be around. I can't say I wasn't happy about it since she wouldn't shut up about me and Megan or her and Sarah.

As I sat there thinking about how much had happened in the last couple months Sarah came around the corner. I hadn't talked to her since everything had blown up but I had seen her get pulled into a couple meetings which I assumed had to do with Jaclyn's accusations.

"Hey Vic," she said hesitantly. I turned to look up at her and smiled. It was nice to be able to see her and not feel like I wanted to tear her throat out. "Hey, how's it going?"

She sat down next to me quietly and I was a little worried that something had happened, "Everything ok?" I asked before she said anything.

Before I knew what was happening she had wrapped her arms around me from the side. I was startled but it didn't feel as weird as it probably should have. "Thank You," she said, and I was confused.

She let go of me and I turned to face her, "For what?"

"You told them that Jaclyn was lying. I don't think they would have believed me if you hadn't stuck up for me..." she looked down avoiding my eyes, "After everything that happened I wouldn't have blamed you for telling them the truth."

I sighed. I knew how hard it was for her to bring it up again after we had talk about it. "Sarah, I would never throw you under the bus like that, no matter what happened between us. I'm glad that things worked out for you." She smiled at me as she stood up and put her hand on my shoulder before walking out.

--

As I sat at the desk trying to get my paperwork done my partner did a walk around and my phone was going off in my pocket. I was trying to ignore it so I could get this work finished but whoever it was, most likely Lauren, was being very persistent.

LJ: "Why am I so nervous for you to meet her?"

"You better be nice to her."

"No ridiculous stories."