Chapter Six

After eating with Jordan yesterday the rest of the day was pretty tame. Jess eventually came back from her meeting and luckily Jordan was gone so I didn't have to deal with any questions. Megan kept her distance for the rest of the day but every time I saw her she just smirked at me. She seemed fearless or at least she wanted me to believe she was but it was her utter disregard for the danger that kept me completely intrigued. What can I say I like a bad girl. But I think it as the bad girl wrapped in the good girl package that was keeping my attention.

I'd also been avoiding Lauren's text since yesterday. I've had a total of 15 messages and 3 phone calls. I halfway expected her to show up at my door when I didn't answer. When I got home last night I was tired so I just showered and crashed. I'm going to have to answer her soon before she blows up my phone for the rest of the day.

I walked back into work today wondering what to expect and unfortunately knew that I was going to be working with John today which meant that I was at least going to be irritated for some of my day.

I was walking down the hallway towards the desk when a hand reached out and grabbed me pulling me into an empty office. And yes I know it seems like the offices are always empty but I promise people actually work here, just not all the time.

I almost fell as the door shut behind me, "What the fuck Jess."

"Sorry, I just didn't want anyone to see us," she said as she moved a little closer to me. "Did I hurt you?"

I laughed, "No you just shocked the shit out of me. So what's up why the sudden meeting?"

I leaned against the desk half sitting on it and she came over and gave me a hug. "Mmmmm you smell so good."

Once again she was trying to kill me as she hung on to our hug just a little longer than friends would. When we pulled away she didn't back up but instead stayed standing in between my legs as I leaned back on the desk.

"So I was thinking," she started then paused.

She looked shy, like she wasn't sure if she was going to be able to say what she was thinking. I was always surprised by how confident her actions were versus when she tried to speak to me about some things.

"So I was thinking about our date next week."

Um what, did she just say date. I wasn't sure what face I was making but I was sure that I wasn't able to keep my cool at the new revelation. Ya we definitely talked about getting together but there was never any talk of a date, maybe she was just calling it that but that's not what she meant.

"Date," I managed to mutter out.

Her hand was now absentmindedly playing with my fingers and my heart was beginning to race.

"I think we should go on a date. Like an actual date."

I was most definitely in shock. We had often joked about it and I had even told her at one point I wanted to kiss her. Yes it might have been an alcohol induced conversation but I said it. Unfortunately, she told me she wasn't ready at the time. So I guess maybe she was ready.

She was still playing with my hand and I decided I was going to initiate some more contact so I put my free hand on her hip. "Ok."

Smooth I know, but it's not everyday that the straight girl that you have been crushing on asks you on a date. I shook off the shock and cleared my throat. "That sounds great. You're off Tuesday right?"

She nodded, "Well it's a date then."

I checked my watch and realized I had to get to the desk. John is probably there already waiting for me and he was already a douche didn't need to get him worked up at the beginning of a shift too.