Chapter 9: The Red Queen

**Outlands**

Iracebeth sat on her throne of plants and thorns, her fruit guards at her sides while she waited to hear what had happened.

"Where is he?! I'm not a patient monarch?!" Iracebeth yelled and the doors opened as someone came into the room.

"There you are! Tell me everything that has happened!" Iracebeth looked angrily at the person in front of her, he wore black clothes and had a red eye patch. (You all know who he is.)

"Your Majesty, Alice has returned and the queen was throwing a ball in her honor." Ilosvic Stayne bowed to the red queen. He still didn't like her and wanted to kill her but when he got banished with her, the queen had found a new army and was plotting revenge so he decided to stay loyal or she would have his head, he also hated the champion and her friends along with the white queen.

"The  Alice? Slayer of my Jabber-baby-wocky?" Iracebeth said slowly, standing up and walking towards Stayne, her face turning a little red with anger.

"There's more. She is now engaged to that silly Hatter." Stayne said, anger in his voice because he thought why she would choose someone like the Hatter instead of a him, a Knave.

"That mad hat man?" Iracebeth looked horrified then unimpressed. "Never mind, we can use this as a part of my plan to get revenge on my terrible little sister and rule Underland again!"

Iracebeth paced back and forth, plotting what she would do to get her crown back, she thought that she deserved to be queen of Underland since she was the eldest. She also never forgot what Mirana did when they were little and she wanted her to tell the truth.

"Prepare the army for the battle in a week!" Iracebeth looked up at the Knave who smirked and nodded then walked out of the room. "We're going to visit my little sister.." Iracebeth whispered then laughed evilly.

In the corner of the ceiling, no one noticed the wisp of blue-grey 'fog' and marble-like eyes that disappeared leaving behind a large grin that also disappeared after a while.

**Marmoreal**

Alice was sitting in a chair out on the balcony with her fiancée, Tarrant, she was still trying to get used to calling Hatter by his first name because she wanted to know more about her soon-to-be husband.

"This is nice. No problems, no work, just quality time with my best friend and fiancée." Alice smiled and sipped tea.

"Your absolutely right, it is nice, to be honest, tea time is much better when your here. I mean Thackery and Mally are excellent company but they can't stop causing trouble for at least a minute and have some conversation. It is very entertaining to see them throw things though as long as you learn to duck and not get hit by a tea cup or-" Hatter went into a ramble and Alice found it quite funny even though she knew she couldn't let it go on longer than it should because who knows how long he'd keep rambling.

"Tarrant." Alice giggled and took his hands in hers. To other people, his rambling would probably have been annoying but to her, it was one of her favorite things about him, that was his madness, it's what makes him, well, him!

"Scone.. thank you love, I'm fine." Hatter smiled at her which she returned. He was so happy that she said yes and a little surprised why she would be with a madman like him. Alice tried to explain to him that it's because she loved him and everything about him but he still couldn't believe it, though he was very happy.

They both just looked at each other and began leaning in until there was a knock at the door and they both sighed.

"Come in!" Hatter called and Mirana entered the room, gracefully walking towards them but her eyes showed a sign of worry.