wartimes

i'm so sorry for being so inactive for so long

i'm so sorry for being so inactive for so long. i really hope this update somewhat makes up for it.

1471 words

harry's p.o.v

all i wanted was for stella and i to be together.

and now look at me; i'm a drunk wreck, flirting with the air hostess every time she passes me. my fingers tickle her exposed thigh whenever she's close enough. i'm a disgrace to my family, my name, and myself. i don't deserve someone like stella.

someone so precious, so rare and pure. i run my hands over my face, exasperated by my own thoughts.

i feel the liquid courage coursing through my veins, and i'm not as happy about it now that i'm thinking of stella. i drink so much, just to forget how much of a fuck up i am.

none of that matters right now, though. my hands are shaky as i stand from my seat, moving - no, stumbling towards the unisex bathroom at the end of the aisle.

the plane is a blur, and i can barely make out the couple sitting by the door, most likely shooting disgusted looks my way. i turn away from them, looking towards my destination, tripping over my own toes as i reach the door and pull it open. the air hostess has already slipped inside, and i make a note of not looking into her eyes as i slip inside her. 

the sex is so meaningless, so numb, and to be frank it actually hurts; my heart is in pain and i'm broken and i barely feel my climax hitting me. i don't even know if she finished or not but i'm too fucked up to care. liquid courage my ass, i feel more like a coward than i ever have before.

she scoffs as i zip up my pants and walk out without so much as a glance in her direction. as the door closes behind me a few heads snap in my direction. i keep my gaze trained to the floor and make my way back to my seat. 

-

stella's p.o.v

arlo's hair has been restyled, after this afternoon's events, so i rest my hand at the nape of his neck so as to not mess up his work.

it's a surprise where we're going, but we've been driving for at least an hour and a half; we've gone further north than i've actually been before. my focus is on the beautiful wildlife the car is constantly making its way past. 

tall oak trees, pines, and the occasional clearing takes up the entirety of my window. nature is undeniably beautiful, and i find myself wondering why i don't take more adventures like this. spontaneity isn't exactly my middle name, but i'd like to think i can make rash decisions on occasion. 

'whatcha thinkin' bout there, love?' arlo's voice cuts into my thoughts, and i turn to look at him.

'not much, just about how beautiful it is out here,' i smile, looking out in front of the car. i yawn, suddenly realising just how tired i am. arlo must notice as well, as he pats my thigh gently with his left hand.