sign of the times

A/N IT MADE ME FUCKING SCREAM WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OML

Have a new chapter cause i love y'all xxxxx

it's been six months, but i already feel the distance between harry and i slipping out the forefront of my mind. i no longer care.

to say i don't miss him would be lying, but i've certainly found a way to preoccupy my previously distraught mentality.

since that night many weeks ago, when arlo and i first messed around, he's satisfied me at least four times a week. after the first nine days, i accepted his invitation (well, it was more of a statement) to come and live with him.

'we're always together anyway, why not make it easier?' arlo had twirled a lock of my hair around his finger, as i stood in front of him.

'i don't know, i mean, i have to find a new job and make sure my parents are-'

'stella, baby, your parents aren't for you to worry about, they're adults and they can make their own decisions. if they want t' fuck their lives up, let 'em.'

i bit my lip. he had a point. why should i continue to pander to my parents' every need when they barely recognised me as a human being anymore? i was sick of watching over them, making sure they eat and actually shower themselves.

after all, i was turning eighteen in a little over five months. i needed to get out of that hellhole of a flat before then, so i could actually start to make my way in the world.

my eighteenth birthday wasn't the party most would imagine, but it was utterly perfect. arlo took me to london and we sat by the river thames eating a picnic and drinking wine. it was wonderfully romantic, and i couldn't help but think of harry, but i forced myself to push him to the back of my mind. it was time to start anew; without him in the picture.

and then of course, well, you can imagine how the night ended.

i'd gotten accustomed to waking up to the smell of a beautiful breakfast on a sunday morning, but that doesn't make it any less sweet.

the soft sheets slides over my body as i stretch and yawn, smiling as the smell of waffles and hot chocolate wafts through the room. i stand and wrap the sheet around my somewhat unclothed figure, before making my way down arlo's - our hallway. as i reach the kitchen, i groan at the smell intensifying, before noticing arlo's tall frame in front of the window.

he's silhouetted by the dull light streaming in through the glass. his head shakes as he has noticed my presence, and he laughs as i encircle my arms around his waist.

he's wearing a dark, long sleeve button up shirt, and his skinny jeans. he only owns the one pair, contrasting my six or seven. his arms are moving as he plates up the breakfast he has prepared. my eyes close and i sigh against his upper back. i trail my hands up his hard stomach, and he tenses as they move along his chest and grasp and pinch and squeeze and then slide back down towards his lower stomach. i smirk and he puts down the plates, turning in my grasp.

i feel a kiss on the top of my head and i look up to arlo. our noses brush as i face him, my lips brushing against his, my hand moving around his middle to cup his cheek. i feel the stubble on his face from his indifference towards shaving. most of the time, it takes me scrunching up my face at the sensation for him to get rid of it.

'good morning, my sweet. i've prepared waffles and hot cocoa for your pleasure,' he smiles and kisses my forehead, rubbing my arms and turning around once again to grab the plates.

i walk over to the kitchen table, picking up my sheet and wrapping it around myself a little more before i sit down next to arlo. he places a plate in front of me, as well as cutlery and a mug of hot chocolate.