lost and found

arlo at the top :0 ^

as he walks through the elevator doors once again, he spots her wiping frantically at her over-exposed cleavage and laughing. the boy beside her is apologising, a red hue tinting his cheeks.

she doesn't cease her cackling as he storms over to her, stepping between the boy and her frame.

it doesn't matter to her that he's up in her face, because she likes the attention.

it doesn't matter to him that she's shamelessly flirting with another guy in front of him.

he cares because there's a certain level of laughter that won't draw attention, and she's broken the fucking scale.

everyone in the vicinity is gawking at her and anticipating what he's going to do, and he can't deal with it. the pressure, the hard stares of the complete strangers who somehow think that when there's any sort of volume that clouds the sound of their own bored, slow voices then it's suddenly their business.

well, it's fucking not.

'what the fuck are you all staring at? huh?' his voice is strained and higher in pitch, and they all uncomfortably look away, continuing with their own lives.

she's all flamboyant, 'baby, you don't need to yel-'

'you don't tell me what i don't need to do.' and he's all frustrated because it's becoming too much to deal with her incessant need to flaunt and parade herself like she's some prize to win.

she's not even that special, and she knows it. she also knows that she doesn't care for him, not really.

she makes it seem like he's lucky to be with her, when really, the desire isn't there anymore anyway. at first it was all getaways to hotel rooms and secret rendezvous, but now it was just coming home late and brushing her off when she tries to tell him about the newest addition to her ever-expanding collection of fashion magazines.

the both of them are barely clinging to the little strands of their once extravagant relationship, meticulously pressing for more out of one another besides the fact that they know neither one of them wants the other.

it's like a race, and the winner is the one who makes the other break. she's constantly pushing and pushing for his attention and he's denying her anything but occasional public displays of affection, just to uphold the idea that they're still together.

he hates it, and this flirting mixed with her exposed chest, and the time it took to wait for his flight, after it all, he's finally snapped.

'i'm not dealing with this shit anymore, i don't deserve it,' he growls, grabbing his luggage and stalking towards his flight gate.

she runs after him, confused and suddenly not as amused as she previously was.

she starts to join him in walking through the gate, but he turns, pulls something out of his coat, and rips it to shreds right in front of her. she kneels, trying to salvage what is left of what was her ticket.

'HARRY!!' she screams after him, as his long legs stalk towards the gates.

she's on her knees, crying and picking up the pieces of her ticket.

he's walking through the door of his plane, smiling and nodding at the air hostess as he enters. his smile morphs into a smirk as he licks his lips and studies her figure. the girl giggles and bites her own lip, looking him up and down. boy, it feels good to be free again.

-

'arlo, please get out of the room while i'm in the bathroom, it makes me uncomfortable,' i shout, and arlo laughs.