♕ Chapter ThirtyTwo ♕ - A New Plan.

Riley's POV. 

          "This is going to be perfect, Maya!" I squeal, happily clapping my hands together in excitment. 

She tries to hide her not so excited mood, but I saw right threw it. "Yeah, it is."

I groan, "Maya."

Her eyes widen, "what?" she raised her hands in the air when I give her my don't-you-lie-to-me look. "Hey, at least I'm trying, yeah?" She shrugs her shoulders. 

I put my hands down on my lap, "Maya, this Christmas has to be perfect, okay?"

"Doesn't it always?" She furrows her brows. "I mean, you always over-do it for any event, this," she gestures around all the christmas decoration that we had in the apartments basement, "this is nothing new, Riles."

I cross my arms over my chest, nibbling on my lower lip. 

"Why is this Christmas so important?" She asks wih humor lacing her voice as she puts her hand on my shoulder.

"I just," I let out a breath, "I want it to be perfect because Lucas is going to be there and I just..." I was rambling and Maya shushed me, tapping her hand on a chair that stood behind me. I sat down and she crounched in front of me, placing both her hands on my knees.

She tilts her head to the side and chuckles, "you're stressing yourself out because you want to make something perfect for your boyfriend?"

I heave a sigh, "this is my first relationship, Peaches. I've always been too into school and homework and I've never really...lived." I stop and smile, thinking back to all the things I've done with Lucas. "Up until Lucas came into the picture."

I raise my eyes to meet hers and a smile played on my lips, "it's crazy how in a matter of three months he has been able to make me feel....alive. Free."

She grabbed my hands in hers, smiling at me. "He means a lot to you, doesn't he?"

I bite my lower lip and close my eyes, inhaling deeply as the image of Lucas' forest green eyes popped up in my head, his smile, his adorable laugh.

"The world, Maya." I open my eyes and chuckle.

She pouted her lips and leaned in, taking me in for a hug. "My little baby Riles is in love."

"Oh, shush," I laugh.

She broke the hug and smiled proudly, "if Lucas is important to you, he's important to us, too."

"Maya..." I furrow my brows, "what are you..."

"We will help." She grinned. "Me and Farkle will help you fix the best christmas party."

My mouth fell open and I gasped, "you'd do that for him?"

She rolls her eyes, "it's more for you, but yeah, I would."

I squealed, throwing my arms around her and embracing her in a tight hug. "Thank you, thank you, thank you! You're an angel!"

She chuckles, patting my back, "okay, okay, take it easy now, Riles." We broke the hug and she smiles up at me, tilting her head to the side. "He's special to you, I get that and if he means this much to you then you have me on your side."

I couldn't stop smiling. "Thank you, Peaches. Thank you a million times!"

♕ — ♕ — ♕ — ♕ — ♕ — ♕

Lucas' POV.

In some way I needed to make it through Christmas and New Years. I had promised Riley that I'd show up at her place for Christmas dinner but I was already invited to Zay's for Christmas dinner. I would tell him I won't be attending but his dad is coming home after 6 months in the army. And telling Riley I won't be able to show up will crush her heart.