♕ Chapter Nine ♕ - Hello Shaky.

Lucas POV

         "I'm here to see Lucas." I hear a sweet but hard voice coming from downstairs.

"Oh really?" Zay says sarcastically as if he cared.

I was staying over at his house since my dad had been drinking a lot the past week and he wasn't on a great mood to have me around. The son he was ashamed of. The son he didn't want to have around him because I was a memory of what he had lost in the past.

Zay being Zay, had talked his mom into letting me sleep over. Mrs. Babineaux wanted to call my dad and ask if it was okay but knowing him, he wanted to beat me up until my last breath. So Zay told her I was home packing and that he had agreed with it.

"Listen here prick," the harsh voice of a girl says and I can hear Zay scoffing. "Let me inside. I'm here to meet Lucas."

"I'm sorry miss, but Lucas isn't in for seeing stuck up brats for now".

I clamp my hand over my mouth to muffle the sound of my laugh.

"Excuse me?" She says, sounding offended.

"Apology accepted. Please don't come back and I think you can find your way back to he–" Zay stops mid-sentence and clears his throat. "Home."

The girl huffs aloud and walks off. Zay closes the door but I can't hear him walking upstairs.

I furrow my brows in confusion and start making my way down the stairs where I see Zay and Mrs. Babineaux standing at the door.

"Oh," I say as I look between the two of them. They were both staring at me, except Mrs. Babineaux was looking between me and Zay.

"Am I interrupting something?" I ask and Zay's eyes widen.

Mrs. Babineaux's eyes stays put on me and I can see Zay from behind her, making weird things mouthing 'if she takes me, she takes you prick!'

I smirk at him and look at his mom who was still looking at me with a look I did not recognise.

"I can always leave you two alone to, you know.." I look over her shoulder at Zay who is begging me to stop talking. "Talk."

Mrs. Babineaux starts laughing a not so humorous laugh, more like cold and harshly.

"You are not going anywhere." She says with a sharp look.

"Boohya! In yo face, Pretty Boy!" Zay hollers from behind her and she turns around swiftly and gives him a sharp look.

Zay is standing with his fist in the air and his mouth agape.

"And you," Mrs. Babineaux was rising her voice slowly but with every word, it got more harsh. "I have not raised you to talk to girls that way, have I?"

"I know, mom. I'm sorry." Zay lets out a sigh of defeat and looks down at his feet, ashamed.

"Who was that girl anyways? And what was she doing here?" She ask confused.

I let out a sigh as a sign that I was going to talk but Zay, of course, beat me to it.

"She is just a jealous girl from school." He shrugs and looks away. What is he doing?

She arches a brow at her son and crosses her arms over her chest. "Jealous of what exactly?"

"Oh you know," he murmurs and looks around the hall but keeps his eyes away from meeting mine and his moms.

She looks over at me and I shrug, shaking my head as if telling her I had no idea what he was talking about. I had no idea what he was talking about. That girl was just someone that wanted me please them. What is he talking about jealous girl?