♕ Chapter TwentyThree ♕ - Dance With Me.

Riley's POV.

Okay Riley, you can do this. It's just a meet up. Or is it a date? Did he call it a date on the phone? 

I shake my head, "Get your act together." I need to satt focused when I walk inside. I can't go in looking like a fool that is lost in her own mothers café. 

I shake my body a little, letting out a deep sigh before I grab the doorknob and open the door. Walking inside I see people sitting in different places spread around the whole café, enjoying their alone time. Some were together two and two, some were by themselves, not minding other peoples company. 

I look to my right and I see him. 

He was sitting by the small sofas by one of the windows, two milkshakes in front of him on the coffee table. I tilt my head to the side, watching him shaking his leg and twiddling with his thumbs. I find myself smiling softly at the sight of him. He wanted to spend time with me and I just couldn't get that through my head. 

It felt almost as if it was a dream.

I start walking over to him, making my way to the seat next to him. When I reach the seat I clear my throat just to let him know I was there. That's what you do right? When you want your date to notice you? Or do I say something?

Lucas turns his head in my direction, the expression on his face told me he was a little lost but when his eyes meet mine I notice a spark in his eyes. He smiles up at me, standing up and drying his hands on the side of his pants. 

"Hey," He breaths out, the handsome smile of his showing making my knees go jelly.

I smile back, "Hi."

Our eyes were glued, none of us moving a single bone in our body. Only our eyes speaking to each other. 

He blinks a few times until he realises something, "Right,  I bought us some milkshake." He points down to the coffee table and smiles. "I wasn't sure what flavour you liked," he starts, scratching the back of his head as he laughs awkwardly. "so I asked the woman behind the counter to surprise me."

I giggle as I sit down on the empty seat next to him. He chuckles and sits back down next to me. 

"It's strawberry," He adds, pointing to the glass. 

I smile, "Thank you, I love it." 

It was as if the panic he had just minutes ago vanished because now he breaths out and smiles back at me. "Good, yeah. I was worried you wouldn't like it."

I shake my head at him, "No, no. I love it, don't worry."

He nods, "Right. No worries."

Was he....nervous? He seems to be  seeing as he has been drying his hands on his pants ever since I walked up to him. Could it be that I make him nervous? That's so cute, aw.

"So," He clears his throats, looking at me with a smile. "How are you?"

I nod, "I'm good, thank you." I smile. "What about you?"

His smile starts fading but he manages to put it right back on. "I'm perfect."

I bite my lower lip, my brows furrowed in worry. "Lucas..."

He looks away, not meeting my eyes so I wouldn't read him like I did last time.

I place my hand over his hand, giving him a little squeeze. His eyes fall upon my hand over his and soon they move to meet my eyes. And there it was, the pain. 

"Has he..." I didn't dare continuing the sentence. Just thinking about Mr. Friar hurting Lucas physically makes my heart want to cry. 

He closes his eyes, "I....I'd rather not talk about it, Riley."