♕ Chapter TwentySeven ♕ - You Made a Big Mistake, Lucas Joseph Friar.

Riley's POV.

"You're playing with fire, darling." She comments. "Watch out, at first you know what you're doing, soon, you will lose control of it and it will hit you when you least expect it to."

Was it bad? The fact that Missy and mines conversation was replaying itself in the back of my mind. But I couldn't stop it, it was giving me bad vibes, a real bad feeling was forming itself in the pit of my stomach. 

The fact that she was actually warning me from getting hurt made this all even more scary. I mean, come on, it's Missy Bradford. The girl has hated my guts since kindergarten and would die to see me suffer. And now she is warning me, giving me a heads up that something is heading my way?

And Lucas is involved....

I shake the bad thought out of my head. I couldn't think straight, I couldn't think at all, actually. I feel like I'm suffocating, my hands were sweaty, sweat was dripping from my forehead. 

"No, Riley." I close my eyes, inhaling deeply. "Get your head straight." I can't let her get to me like this. 

"She's just trying to mess with your head." I say quietly to myself, in attempt to calming myself down. 

It's working. She is succeeding. 

"No," I shake my head, not daring to think that Missy was actually getting to me. "She cannot do this to me." 

I let myself pace around my bedroom, hands running through my already tangled hair. "I trust Lucas. I know whatever Missy is speaking of, he is not involved." 

Thinking about it, it sounded insane. Lucas has changed. I've witness the big and great change of him. He went from such a bad place into being in a good place. I've never seen him smile and laugh as much as he does right now. He is happy. 

I don't see the same feelings in his eyes anymore. There is no bitterness or misery. I don't see the torment in his eyes anymore. He is free now. 

I sit on my bedside, lightly shaking my head, a chuckle escaping. "He isn't like that anymore." 

But I knew I needed to speak to Missy about what she said. I couldn't let her voice haunt me, repeating the same words from earlier. I needed her to tell me she was messing with me, or, at least give me a hint of it being a complete joke. 

Sitting on bed, I hear fainted knocks on my window. I threw my attention towards the baywindow, getting greeted by a handsome smile and fossy green eyes.

I smile as I make my way over to the baywindow to let the boy inside. I reached for the window and pulled the knob, opening it wide for Lucas. 

He started climbing inside, breathing heavily and a quiet sigh coming from him once he was inside my room. He smiled, his moss-green eyes meeting my chocolate brown ones. He cam closer, draping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer to him. 

Closing the gap between us, he gently presses his lips against my. I closed my eyes, enjoying the sweet taste of his lips. There was something about these small kisses he was giving me, they always managed to awakening the butterflies in my stomach, making them go hurrica-

I groan in the middle of the kiss, once he tried to deepen it. I mentally kicked myself for thinking of that word. It made me think about Missy's words again.

Lucas noticed and pulled back, searching for answers in my eyes. "Hey, what's wrong?"

I force a smile, not wanting to bring it up. "Nothing, nothing." I say a little too hurriedly.