♕ Chapter Twenty ♕ - Be Ready To Loose, Friar.

WARNING! This chapter will contain SPOILERS of the movie/book A Walk To Remember. So for you whom hasn't seen or read the book, sorry. You can skip that small part if you want to. Other than that, enjoy fellow bees!

Lucas' POV.

          New Message From Zay:

Zay: Ask her out.

I furrow my brows, baffled of the message Zay sent me.

I start typing back a message. 

To Zay:

Me: You want me to ask her out?

Shaking my head, I put down the beer on my bedside table and laid down on my back resting my head on the pillow. Zay had been acting all weird lately. Even though he's weird in general, he is a little more weirder now. 

For the past month, ever since we started the bet to be more exact, he has been pushing me towards Riley. Trying to make me get to know her, get closer to her. It wasn't what I had thought he would do. Me getting closer to Riley would mean I would get a better opportunity to make her fall in love with me.

If she falls for me, I win. If I fall....he wins. That's the bet. 

My phone vibrated and I picked it up to see another message from Zay. Sliding it open I read his recent message.

New Message From Zay:

Zay: Yes. You won't make her fall in love with you by not spending any time with her, right? Man, sometimes I think I'm doing all the work here. ;)

I sit up on the bed, reading the message over and over again. Soon I start typing again. I felt like he was up to something, though I couldn't put my finger on what exactly it was. 

It's Zay. The guy could be planning the biggest thing ever and no one would ever see it coming. 

To Zay:

Me: As a matter of fact, I just asked her out. And this time you can bet that I will get it out of her. Winning the bet, bro! ;) 

Letting out a sigh, I run my hands through my hair. All I have to do is figure out where to take her. I wasn't going to let the bet slide this easily and I was sure as hell not going to let Zay win this. 

"Hm..." I caress my chin, pressing my brain to think of a great, romantic place to take her to. I couldn't take her to the same place we had our first date, that would only show I put no effort into this. Which I do, by the way. 

It has to be something simple, beautiful. Something that will take her by storm, swipe her off her feet. Something like...

"Oh..." The smile growing on my face was the cue. I had thought of the perfect place. Simple, beautiful and it's a perfect place for me to make Riley Matthews fall for me once and for all and for her to tell me her feelings. Once I get that out of her, I will win this bet. 

Riley's POV.

I sighed, laying back on my bed with my head hanging over the beds end, "Why can't a guy like Landon Carter exist?" 

I was reading, of course, A Walk To Remember. One of my all-time favorite romance novels. It was such a great storyline. He was careless, she was a believer of God. He didn't follow the rules, she followed the Bible. He falls helplessly in love with a girl, dying from Leukemia. But still, they don't give. Landon doesn't give up on her. The greatest love story ever written, if you ask me.