♕ Chapter TwentyFour ♕ - Is It Possible To Die From Flushness?

Riley POV.

My cheeks hurt from all the smiling I'd been doing since last night when I came home after my and Lucas' date. It was hard not to smile, the night had been the most magical fairytale. 

One month ago, I'd never let the thought of me and Lucas being something enter my mind. It would either make me roll my eyes or gag. Or both. Now, it all seems like something that was bound to happen, sooner or later. 

"Spill the beans, Riles!" Farkle was overly excited to hear about the 'big news'.

I laugh as I try to sush him down, "Okay, okay! Shh,"

Maya rolls her eyes and groans loudly. "Spill it! You know I don't have any patience when it comes to....well, everything!"

"Okay," I breath in as I let my eyes move from one best friend to the other. I didn't mean to build the tension, it was just something that came naturally.

"Yes...." They say in unison.

"Lucas asked me to–"

"He asked you to marry him?!" Maya yells out, cutting me off. 

My eyes go wide and I start shaking my head. But the two of them didn't bother looking at my denial, they were too busy freaking out about the proposal that never took place.

"He what?!" Farkle shrikes, his eyes going sun-size big.

"I'm gonna cut that little pricks ba–"

"Maya!" My hands cover my ears and my eyes were now as big as Farkles' were.

I see both of their mouths moving but I heard nothing. If they were cussing I didn't want to hear any of it. Call me innocent or childish for not using cusswords or for not wanting to hear them, but it isn't something nice to hear. Not for me.

Somewhere in between covering my ears and speaking to myself I had closed my eyes without thinking. It was a reflex. Whenever I cover my ears to not listen to whatever it is, I need to close my eyes so that I won't accidentally read their lips. 

I felt a pair of hands grabbing my hands, removing them from my ears. I slowly open one eye and spot Maya right in front of me. Her facial expression told me she was worried.

"Riles," She breaths out. "I know you like him, but–"

"You can't marry someone you barely know." Farkle cuts in, his facial expression was serious. 

I furrow my brows, "You guys seriously think he proposed?" 

They nod.

I shake my head and let a humorless laugh escape, "He didn't. He asked me to be his girlfriend because he really likes me."

They exchange looks with each other and then turning to me with relief. "Thank God!"

I chuckle and shake my head, "Yeah."

"Congrats, Riles." They say after a while of just looking at me. 

"Thank you guys." I smile at them.

Farkle nods a few times before speaking. "So, you really like him?"

I nod, "Yeah. Yeah, I do." My mind wanders to when I first met him in the hallway when we bumped into each other. "It's funny, actually."

"How come?" Maya asks, confused.

I look into space as I answer her. "He was the last guy I'd think I'd be with in the end of this month. Honestly, I didn't think of myself with a guy just yet. But he just crawled himself into my life and I don't think he's leaving in a while."