7| Astoria's Secret

Sweat dripped from his forehead and his legs shook beneath him. "What are you talking about?"

"Oh my sweet boy, this is punishment for your father's actions. Blame it on him, not me," said Fenrir, his voice sickly sweet. He let out a high pitched laugh, walking forward and shedding his skin, revealing the werewolf beneath. He growled, baring his teeth.

And he leaped.

* * * * *

A silent scream tore from his lips. Draco woke up in cold sweat. He covered his mouth, his eyes wide with fear, his heart beating rapidly. He closed his eyes until his heartbeat slowed and then swiped away the ice tears that had escaped from his eyes.

He looked around to make sure no one in the boys dormitory was awake- thank god no one was. He woke up from nightmares nearly every night, but this one was even worse than usual. His efforts to get back to sleep were in vain and after a while he gave up. Instead, he got out of bed and pulled on his dressing gown. 

Draco took his wand and tucked it in his pocket, then let his feet take him where ever they pleased. There weren't any teachers around since it was in the dungeons. He found himself going up, near the Ravenclaw's common room. He didn't want to think about anything. Thinking was torture. So he shut down his mind and simply walked. 

It was dark. Since what had happened, he was scared of the dark- mostly. But Hogwarts' darkness was comforting, like a blanket keeping him hidden, protected. He rolled his eyes to himself- a blanket was totally protective. 

"Wha-" a hand clamped over his mouth. He'd bumped into someone. His instincts moved him to action. He grabbed the hand and twisted it, pushing the person to the wall. He took out his wand. "Lumos." In the light he could make out the face of... "Astoria! What are you doing here?"

He took his hands off her. "I could ask you the same thing," she said indignantly, dusting herself off. She turned away from him and started walking away. 

"Wait. Were are you going?"

She stopped in her tracks. Still turned away from him, she said, "Go away, Draco. I didn't plan on meeting you. Go back to your dorm, or wherever you were off to. Just leave me alone." She started walking away again. 

Draco was too stunned to speak for a second. Astoria had never been so harsh towards him. She'd always been the one ready to accept him, give him a second chance, she was the nicest person he'd ever met. So why was she so mean now? 

He ran to catch up with her. "Astoria... why are you out of bed? Where're you going? Why don't you want me here?" 

She didn't say anything, only speed up her pace. Draco blocked her path. "What is going on with you?" he demanded, all thoughts about his nightmare now forgotten. 

Astoria wouldn't look at him, she turned her face away from him. She tried to walk around him but he took her face in his hands and made her face him, his wand still in one of his hands, lighting her. There were tear streaks traced on Astoria's cheeks. She wouldn't look at him. "Just leave me. Please." The harshness wasn't there anymore, she said it quietly, dejected. 

"What happened?"

She shook her head. Her eyes were red and puffy with crying. "Please." 

~Astoria's P.O.V.~

"Please."

"No, I'm not going to leave you," he said it almost roughly. 

Astoria shook her head again, trying to get rid of the tears. She walked passed him, towards the astronomy tower. Draco was right at her heels. She climbed right to the top to the glass ceiling that opened to the sky, the stars.