Chapter 27 - Play Day

Start from the beginning

In that split second of laughter, you felt more at ease than you had in days.

"Thanks for the memory, Princess."

He started to walk away. You grabbed his arm with your both your hands. Realizing what you were doing, you let go.

"Are you busy?" you asked as Hoseok stared at you quizzically.

"Why?"

"I... I don't want to be alone. And I don't want to be surrounded by more guards either."

He looked you over for a moment, deciding. After a moment, he put his hands in his pockets and walked into the game room.

"I hope you're not a sore loser."

You smiled and followed him.

The game room was a full sized arcade. There were racing games, shooting games, pinball, Foosball, hoops, dancing games, and everything else you were used to seeing back home in your own arcades.

"You have a preference?" Hoseok asked.

"I really want to shoot something."

He blinked. "I don't know why I'm surprised that you want to do something violent."

"Didn't expect to see you two together."

You both turned to see Namjoon. He was wearing a yellow plaid shirt and jeans, which was a  casual look for him. He didn't look like a prince at all. He looked like a regular guy at the arcade. It wasn't a bad look on him.

"She begged me to stay." Hoseok replied.

You smacked his arm. "I did not. What are you up to, Namjoon?"

He shrugged. "Blowing off some steam."

"Want to join us?" you asked.

You still weren't sure on where you stood with Namjoon, but you knew it wasn't as rocky as where you stood with Hoseok. And at this point, you didn't mind extra company from anyone that wasn't a guard.

He smiled and nodded. "Sounds good."

"Look, you may be a prince," Hoseok said, teasing Namjoon, "but the arcade is neutral ground. Prepare to be beaten down, Moni."

Moni?

Namjoon laughed and stuck his tongue out of his teeth. "You're on, Hobi."

Hobi?

What was with the weird nicknames?

The rest of us... remember the old Hoseok well. Yoongi had said when you first met. If you stick around long enough, you may see bits of the old him.

Was "Hobi" the old Hoseok?

You all played multiple games. Both Namjoon and Hoseok were equally good at arcade games, and they gave you a good challenge.

"Dance Dance Revolution isn't real dancing," Hoseok wined.

"And yet, I still beat you." you teased.

"By 100 points. That's barely anything."

"You still lost."

"I am going to make your lessons a living nightmare after this."

"They all ready are. So bring it."

You stuck your tongue out at him. He rolled his eyes.

"You still have me to go up against." Namjoon said, jumping up on the dance pad next to you.

"You?" you said, laughing. "Bring it on then. I'll even let you pick the song."

Namjoon picked the song and hit start. It was crazy fast and crazy hard. He bounced around the pad, trying to sing the song as his feet hit the buttons. He wasn't good at the game, but he was making you laugh so hard from his off-key singing that you couldn't hit anything right. In the end, you lost.

You wiped your face, which was streaming with tears from your laughter. "You totally did that on purpose."

He shrugged playfully. "What are you talking about?"

"You fight dirty."

"I won fair and square."

You smacked him in the arm. He just laughed.

You couldn't believe you were standing with the same Namjoon and Hoseok you'd met a couple months ago. They were so fun. Who knew? In fact, this was the most fun you'd had since you got to the castle. It was like hanging out with your old college friends. You wanted to keep being with them for as long as you could.

But then again... What if one of them was the one who had hired someone to get rid of you?