However, there were still some people who opposed her, because some were just too conservative: it was hard to change. This was why Myles still faced discrimination despite him being an honorable knight, a high and prestigious position in the Vardomos kingdom. But whenever that happened, Reina and her brother always defended him, just as their parents did. House Rahraenos never judged anyone based on the color of their skin, nor the lands that they came from. They were the most honorable, noble house to exist in Caunwaiton and didn't receive enough credit or appreciation for it.

"Reina, you are dirtying your dress by letting it drag against these filthy steps! Lift it up," Genevieve snapped at Reina, ripping her away from her thoughts.

Reina hid her scowl when Genevieve casted a glance at her, hands quickly moving to clutch the soft material of her ivory dress. She exhaled through her nose, grimacing at the scorching heat of Siremeth, wishing she were back in the bitter cold of Vardomos. They reached the top of the stairs where a man was stood in heavy, golden armor. He tucked a strand of his lengthy brown hair, then bringing his hand down to rest on the hilt of his sword. His light blue eyes glinted in the sunlight as his lips stretched into a polite smile.

"Greetings m'ladies, welcome to Siremeth and The Styles Palace," the man bowed with respect at Reina and Genevieve, making them both nod curtly at him. "I am here to escort you to the council room. Right this way please."

The man gestured towards the open doors with a bowed head, making Reina smile at him kindly while Genevieve walked straight into the palace without another glance. Reina was astounded by the interior of the palace, lips parting in awe with her white dress slipping from her fingers, as she stopped for a moment.

"Isn't it beautiful, Myles?" Reina murmured to the quite knight who stood by her with his hand on the hilt of his sword.

"It is, m'lady," Myles responded.

"How many times do I have to remind you to call me Reina, and not m'lady?" she arched a brow at him playfully, making him smile. "Do you know the name of the escort, by the way?"

"Yes. Sir Fredric Bryne. Head of the Styles Royal Order," Myles answered as they walked alongside each other behind Genevieve and Fredric, now descending the stairs of the castle.

"Is the Styles Royal-"

"Reina!" Genevieve called out from in front of her, making Reina walk a little faster to walk alongside her stepmother.

"Yes, mother?" Reina spoke with a hint of sarcasm, causing Genevieve to clench her jaw slightly.

"No sarcasm and back talk during the meeting. Know your place, Reina," Genevieve warned. "Things are still a bit...fragile after the rebellion. This meeting is for us to try and find some common ground, establish peace between House Styles and Rahraenos."

"By giving them our lands?" Reina muttered bitterly.

"That's what happens when your father made the foolish decision to rebel against the King," Genevieve murmured, making Reina's stormy eyes narrow at her. "Because of that we've lost valuable men, and our dragons."

"He was mad. The Mad King," she murmured sadly under her breath. "At least we still have Vaera and her eggs," Reina spoke up just as they reached the doors of the council room.

"I'm not too sure about that."

"What? –"

"The King and Queen awaits inside," Fredric announced before opening the doors and swinging them apart. "Your Majesties, I present Lady Genevieve and Princess Reina of House Rahraenos."