Epilogue

Ten Years Later

Caitlin arrived at her ten-year high school reunion with her husband. They approached the sign in desk and she let out a small smile at the sight of her maiden name on the sign in sheet. After they both ticked their names on the sheet, they took the stick on  'Hello, my name is...' badges and wrote their names. Once again a little smile drew itself on her face as the words 'Caitlin Allen' were written on the badge. She stuck it to her dress, which was a simple black dress that ended just above her knees with a silver locket with two pictures inside. One of her and her husband taking the cheesiest and goofiest selfie ever on their sofa when they first moved into their first house together five years ago. The second was the day their twins were born; their son and daughter. Isabella Nora Allen and Henry Noah Allen are fraternal twins who were only born four months ago. The photo depicts them after they were just born with Isabella, or Izzy for short, in her father's arms and Henry in his mother's. The children were currently staying with their grandparents for the evening so the couple could enjoy their reunion.

They couple progressed into the main hall hand in hand where there were already many people already inside drinking, talking and a few people dancing.

"Relax, don't be nervous. It's only high school," Barry whispered in her ear as he noticed her tense and squeezed her hand.

"Exactly. We haven't seen most of these people in ten years and..." she began but he interrupted her before she could finish her sentence.

"Cait, sweetheart, it'll be fine. We're not the only ones who have grown up here. It'll be fun and I'll be with you the whole time and if you want to leave after a while we can," he comforted, kissing her head quickly and she nodded with a smile and they continued to walk and got drinks.

"Well, if it isn't Barry Allen and Caitlin Snow..." Iris approached them with a smile on her face and paused when she spotted Caitlin's nametag and the rings on their fingers. "Or Caitlin Allen it seems. I'm really happy for you guys. It's been a while," she continued with a beaming smile.

They hadn't seen each other in a very long time but it seemed to the couple that Iris had become a much better person.

"Hey babe, so this is where you rushed off to," a male voice said to Iris. The couple were faced with a young blonde man who seemed to be Iris' partner. 

"This is Detective Eddie Thawne, my fiance," Iris introduced them to the man in front of her who snaked an arm around her waist. "Anyway, what else have you two been up to in the last ten years? Other than getting married of course," 

"We're good, yeah. Our ten-year anniversary just passed a few weeks ago and our four-year marriage anniversary is next month. We both have steady jobs, I work at CCPD as a CSI so I'm surprised that myself and Eddie haven't met before. And Cait is working at Mercury Labs as a geneticist and bio-engineer. Recently, only four months ago, our twins were born. Izzy and Henry. They are staying with my parents for the evening," Barry replied, bumping his shoulder with Caitlin's lightly and she smiled lovingly up at him edging closer to him slightly.

"Wow, that's amazing. I always knew that you two would end up together and twins, that's amazing," Iris smiled happily at them. It seems that she has grown up too and has let go of her previous animosity directed at the couple and was seeking friendship with the couple.

"Yeah, we have some photos. We both keep a lot of photos of each other and the kids at our offices. Both of us working full time is difficult and sometimes stressful with raising the kids but we wouldn't give it up for the world. It's so rewarding and amazing having our babies and I think we will have another child maybe in a year or two. I think I have a photo of them in my purse," Caitlin replied with a smile because of the mention of their darling children who she loved so much. They and Barry were the most important things in her life and she wouldn't change it for anything.