I'm The One Who Makes You Laugh When You Know You're About To Cry

The young couple were having another date night at Barry's place and they were home alone as his parents were away for a few days for their anniversary. It was a Saturday and the couple had been together all day just hanging out, talking and watching movies together. The atmosphere between them was so carefree and fun and relaxing and, most importantly, loving. They had been together for only a few weeks but they already knew that the future between them was bright and they knew that they would be together in the end. For forever.

"Come on. I found something I want to show you. And I also found where my parent's keep all of their alcohol. They have a secret stash and everything," Barry stated, jumping off the sofa and helping Caitlin by giving her his hands to pull her up. She nodded and they walked hand in hand to where his parent's had stored all the alcohol. They grabbed a whole pack of beer and she was confused as to where he was leading her. "I found this not too long ago. It's a bit of a secret passageway that my parent's don't know about. They would get it blocked if they knew. But you can climb up to the roof from there and the view is great," he explained and she smiled back brightly, looking forward to seeing the world from a whole new perspective.

As they got to the place where you have to climb, Barry told Caitlin to wait where she was and then he climbed up with ease himself and lowered his hands to help her climb up. She mumbled a quiet thank you then took his hands in her own and he pulled her up and soon they were both on the roof of his house with the pack of beer that they had stolen from his parents. He knew that he would most likely get into a lot of trouble for this later when his parents got back but he wanted to be able to treat Caitlin to something unusual and abnormal.

"It's good that I'm not scared of heights," she joked as they sat down and cuddled up together right at the top so that they would not fall. Caitlin rested her head on his shoulder and his right arm was draped around her shoulders pulling her close to him whilst both of their left hands were grasping at each other occasionally squeezing each other. Swiftly, he grabbed two beer cans and gave her one whilst keeping the other to himself. They starting sipping while watching the stars shining in the sky in a romantic, amorous silence. "Can-can we talk?" she asked in a quiet, whispery tone that sounded way to nervous for his liking. She wasn't breaking up with him was she?

"Er, sure..." he replied nervously, turning his body slightly to meet his eyes with her deep brown ones which he had always adored even before he realised his feelings for her.

"I want to talk about our future together. I just... Now we're together and everything and we are in a serious relationship and I don't want to change that. Believe me, I love you and I want to be with you and that will never change. So don't think I want to break up because that's the last thing I want. What I mean is that we are going to college next month and although we are going to the same college and we have already organised us sharing a dorm room I still want to talk about what we are going to do in our life together. I want to be with you for the rest of my life and I need to know whether you feel the same way I do," she assured softly, putting down her beer can to squeeze his hand to emphasise that they aren't breaking up.

"Okay. Well, I do feel the same way, Caity, I want to be with you for the rest of my life. I only want you. I know it's a bold statement considering how young we are but I just know that it's you that I want. Just you and me. You're it for me, you are all I want. And that won't ever change. I love you and I always will and I am willing to do just about anything to make this thing work between us. It might not be easy, in fact, I know that it won't be because of everything that's going on in our lives right now but that doesn't change how I feel about you, nothing will change how I feel about you. I want to make this work, no matter what. And I want to talk about our future too," Barry replied softly, stroking her knuckles with his thumb and after finishing leaning in to kiss her forehead then rubbing their noses together. Beaming wit happiness, she pressed her lips against his so they could exchange a soft, loving kiss.