Alone Time

The next day, the couple decided to spend their date night just hanging out at his place. His parents weren't home so they had the whole place to themselves the whole night. Technically, this was their first date but it didn't feel like it. It felt like they had been together for a lot longer.

"Hey, sweetheart, what do you want to do tonight?" Barry greeted as he opened the door for her, letting her in the house and pecking her lips and holding her tight in a greeting kiss.

"I don't know, whatever you want. We could just hang out and then... then we can go to bed," she replied, smirking at the last statement watching as he blushed deep red at the mention of what she was insinuating.

"Okay... do you want to watch a movie or something?" he suggested and she nodded and they put in How To Train Your Dragon because it was their favourite movie. They cuddled up with her head on his chest and her legs tucked up under her while Barry had one arm around her shoulders and the other holding her hand.

When the movie finished they smiled up at each other and exchanged a quick kiss before resting against each other once again.

"Be my Hiccup," Caitlin whispered under her breath but he heard her. He kissed her head buried his face in her neck.

"Be my Astrid," he whispered back and placed a kiss in the place where her neck and shoulder connected and she pushed him down slightly into the corner of the sofa and laying her head on his chest and lying on top of him and his arms wrapped around her with their eyes closed. "Hey Caity, I have an idea. I want to show you something. something I have never shown you or anyone actually. But as my girlfriend, I really want to share it with you," he stated and she smiled and nodded while blushing at the new nickname and he took her hand and led her outside into the garden of his house.

"Is that what I think it is?" she asked, gesturing to what was in front of her. The night sky and stars shadowing it.

"Yep, when I was younger I used to spend all day in here. I never let anyone in but myself since it was built, not even my parents. It was my special place and hideout so I've never shown it to anyone. But I want to show it to you because you are as special to me as it is," he replied. What was in front of her was a large treehouse which looked so cute to her. She could imagine little Barry Allen in there playing all day.

He went up the ladder and helped her up after him and she looked around the room. There were a little table and a couple chairs and toys and little fairy lights strewn across the walls. She watched as he turned on the lights and she saw a little bed in the corner.

"Yeah, I used to sleep in here a lot. My mom didn't always like it but I loved sleeping in here. My dad just let me do it with the motto letting boys be boys so he always convinced my mom to let me sleep in here. I always used to stay up late and watch the stars and the moon and have midnight snacks," he explained, pulling her into her side with an arm around her waist.

"Thank you for sharing this with me. I know it's a little thing but I can see that this means a lot to you and I'm so glad that you shared this with me. Maybe we can spend a little more time in here. I like finding out more about your childhood, you've never really talked about it that much," she whispered, leaning her head against his shoulder in gratitude.

"Well, I want to share all this with you. You're my girlfriend and out of everyone, I want to share it with you. You are my other half and that means you should know everything there is to know about me. Equally, I want to know everything about you. Stuff we don't tell anyone else or show anyone else so it can be special for us. Not just sharing things physically, even though we are doing that too, but emotionally too. We have something special, you and I, everyone tells us that and I believe that we do and I want us to be even more special. I want everything with you and I think this is the best way for us to move forward in our relationship. Just discovering things about each other that no one else knows about so what we have is more special than what we have with anyone else. Whether it's friendship or not," Barry replied, kissing her head over and over.