What You're Looking For Has Been Here The Whole Time

Present Day

A few days had passed and Barry was sat at home watching movies in his room but his mind was stuck on Caitlin. He had no idea why but she was just there. She was usually on his mind a lot, he couldn't help it she was his best friend. But now it was more than ever before. Every time he closed his eyes to get rid of the thoughts of her, he saw her face and smile in his mind. Her beautiful face and smile. Not to mention her big brown eyes that he often found himself lost in.

When he was a little younger, when they first met, he was worried that he had some kind of... thing for her. Feelings, maybe? But he quickly moved on from that notion as soon after he began to date Iris and he had real feelings for her, at least he thought he did. Caitlin would always have a special place in his heart, she always has, but it was just platonically of course. 

They were only friends but at times even he could almost see the line between friendship and... and... and more fade and blur. Sometimes they both crossed those lines and he had to admit that often it was his doing. He did not know why but it always just happened. Especially when they were alone, just getting lost in being able to talk and be himself around her always laid a pathway to... some routes that really they shouldn't be going down. Gazing into each other's eyes, holding hands, him calling her beautiful...

Beautiful.

Why had he said it so often?

She was incredibly beautiful and he would have to be blind to not see it and if he would on;y be denying it if he lied and said that she wasn't. She always had been beautiful and occasionally staring or feeling his breath catching when she entered the room couldn't mean anything. Every guy must do it, she is just beautiful, right?

He was snapped out of his trance by the sound of his text tone. He grabbed his phone from his bedside table and checked his messages. Caitlin. "Night, Bar xoxo," she wrote and he could feel heat rising to his cheeks. Wait, what? Why was he blushing? She always texted him before she went to bed with a message every day. So, why was he acting so differently today? Why had his reaction towards such a simple message changed?

He quickly sent her a short reply then sighed, placing his phone back on the table and turning off the TV before burying his face in the pillow. What the heck was going on? He turned back onto his back groaning and running his hand down his face trying to figure out what was making him... malfunction. Deep down he knew that it had everything to do with Miss Caitlin Snow. His best friend... Or... No! No, no, no there was nothing else. Just friends... Or were they...

Yes, they are just friends, of course, they are. What else would they possibly be? That's what they have always been and what they always will be and that can't change. 

Deciding to go to sleep, Barry changed into his PJs and got into bed and tried to fall asleep but his mind was stuck on Caitlin. He tried to make it go away but it kept on coming back to him. She had been completely stuck in his mind for the last couple of days and had no idea why but today it had been the worse it's ever been. He had no idea what was happening inside of him but whatever it was it couldn't be good. Not when his brain was tearing his whole reality apart and turning it completely on its head. He couldn't get his best friend out of his head yet his girlfriend was all he wanted to forget. 

He had relationship problems to deal with as it is and he really didn't need some kind of crazy feelings malfunction to mess with him even more. Plus, he needed Caitlin's friendship, she always knew how to comfort him and help without even trying. She was his light in the darkness and getting any kind of malfunction over her would not be good and could easily interfere and potentially ruin what they have. And he couldn't lose that, it meant too much to lose; she meant too much to lose.