Chapter 7 - Uchiha Madara

Start from the beginning

"You give the Uchiha Clan and Uchiha Madara too much credit! Why can't you see that Madara is not the person you think he is?! It doesn't matter what you two spoke about when you were younger but things are different now! You are the Senju Clan leader and Madara is the Uchiha Clan leader! Stop shirking your responsibilities and believing in some silly childish dream of joining hands with the Uchiha Clan! It will never happen!" I yelled at him, my frustration and worry for Akina san's wellbeing increasing by the moment.

"Tobirama." Aniki called in a low voice making me stiffen instantly.

It was very rare that he used an overly authoritative tone with anyone. It was an expression that showed he would not take any sort of refusal or argument against his decision. He would be calm, collected and serious when discussing anything about battles but he never used such a tone or gave such an expression unless he was wanted to be absolute. And it looks like now was one of those times.

"Just as our clan members think of the Uchiha as enemies as well as selfish people who will do anything and use any strategy to win against us, they probably think of us in the same way. We are all human and we are stuck in this never ending war to achieve peace. But if we join hands, we can step into a new era of peace together. I will not appreciate anyone badmouthing the Uchiha, Tobirama."

"That's a crazy idea, young man." The elder who had been standing and listening to our conversation the whole time said with a toothy grin. "But it's a crazy idea that I like!"

His comment caused Aniki to smile gently. Aniki was happy that there was another person who seemed to support his idea but it made me frown more.

"Thank you, Ojiisan. Now, we should get back to the matter at hand." Aniki said calmly. "We don't know where Akina san has been taken so we will have to keep our eyes and ears open for any clues that could tell us of her location. For the time being, we can only hope that she is safe no matter where she is. If the Uchiha Clan has taken her, I am confident that they will keep her safe and comfortable."

I resisted from saying anything against his words. I personally resented the Uchiha because they were responsible for the deaths of our brothers and Aniki knew that too. But every time I said something against them, I was the one who was silenced with reasons similar to what he had given moments ago.

"Alright....then what so you propose we do now?" I asked slightly exasperated.

"Just as I said before, we will have to inform everyone about what happened and that they have to be alert for any possible information on where Akina san is." Aniki said before walking away from me to talk to some of the other men to have them find out any hints of who had taken Akina san and Hiro.

That's right. Hiro was taken away too. As a child, he must be terrified with everything that had happened to him and Akina san. How could we have let this happen?! It was our fault for not sending in the men to guard her the minute we returned to the Senju Compound!

Clenching my fists tightly enough to feel the pain of my nails digging into the skin of my palm, I watched as Aniki and the others from the clan asked around about the incident. I turned around swiftly and walked into Akina san's house to look any other possible hints on the people who took her away.

The workroom was empty – the kidnappers had taken all of the medicines she had prepared as well leaving nothing for any other clan to use. The room where they slept was empty too, however, the mattresses had been left laid out on the floor. I got down on one knee and touched the mattresses feeling a nervous knot in the pit of my stomach. Akina san's cheerful face made its way into my mind though it shattered like glass in an instant. The thought of her being hurt by whoever had taken her sent me into another fit of rage and I shut my eyes because I knew I couldn't do anything until I found out where she was.