Sneak Peak

The grey fog against the black background gave the forest an eerie atmosphere. That wasn't enough to keep Mira from wondering further into the woods, as darkness encompassed her small frame.

Hair rose on the back of her neck when she heard a branch snap to her left, causing her to stop and stare in that direction. Like you can see anything, stupid. She mentally berated herself. Night had fallen when she had the bright idea to wonder into the woods and confront whatever demons were hidden within their depths. She had an inkling that what she was now facing, whatever it was, possessed the eyes that had been watching her these past few weeks. The unmistakable sound of paws on the forest floor made its way to her ears. Mira's first instinct was to run, but the connection from her brain to her feet seemed to dissipate as the form of a wolf took shape before her eyes.

It growled lowly, eyes shielded behind thick lashes. Or so Mira discovered when crystal pools of blue met her cautious gaze. Oh god, I'm going to die. Where are my powers when I need them. She could have slapped herself for being so naive. She was 99 percent positive she would have, if her brain was functioning properly... magic didn't work in these woods.

The sound of another snapping twig brought her from her thoughts. She let out a reel of curses as the wolf stepped closer, snarling as each word left her lips.

Her mom had warned her about this the night before. "Never go into the woods passed nightfall." She could almost hear her mother's chastising voice when she had found Mira attempting to sneak out the back. "In fact avoid them altogether. You know our magic is forbidden there." The word forbidden had sparked something in Mira. Rules were meant to be broken, right? Which was one of the reason's she went into the woods in the first place, using her bedroom window as an escape route.

A growl now sounded to her right, closer this time. The wolf began to circle her, it's blue eyes bore into her soul, as if she were something he wanted to devour.

"Please." She all but whispered. The beasts eyes changed color at the sound of her voice.

Blue to black.

She took a step back, sealing her fate as the wolf lunged towards her.

Damn. She was in for it.

The black wolf knocked her form onto the ground. She waited to meet her end as he loomed above her, but that never happened.

Flesh to flesh.

Mira's eyes snapped open to see a raven-haired Adonis naked and on top of her. His blue eyes shown in the darkness. They didn't contain malice or bloodlust, but pure exuberance.

He leaned forward, pressing his hard body onto her own. "Mine." He said, in a voice so deep it put Adele to shame.

~*~
1st Person Pov- Mira

So there I was. On the cold forest floor with a black haired god laying on top of my fragile self, calling me his. But this isn't where my story begins.

Oh no. You will have to wait a few more chapters to see what really happens between me and this giant fluffy dog. You'll have to start from the beginning of my story. Boy are you in for a treat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just a taste of what you're in for :) I changed a few things, but the rest of the story will be in third person like the majority of the prologue. Leave comments and don't forget to vote! Any feedback is appreciated.

-Cassie 😝❣️