23: Locked Away

Aiyama was free from her bounds. She was then led towards her old room in the Senju household. She had ANBU guards watching her from now on. It frustrated her. She sat down and leaned back on her old bed seeing that it hasn't changed.

A knock erupted from her room seeing that it was Sayumi... it's been a while indeed for them. She looked happy that Aiyama was back at home.

"I see you don't look too bad. Anyways... how are you?" Sayumi sat down next to her seeing her expression moved to gloomy and despondent. Sayumi hummed knowing that her friend was in a bad state.

"I don't want to be here... at least not in this village. I don't think Hashirama understands what he is doing." Aiyama shook her head in fear as Sayumi looked at her puzzled.

"What do you mean?"

"Our Daimyo doesn't care for its people. Many had already died, fallen ill, live in slums, a lot starve... is this the place you want to take part in? Even though the Leaf isn't like that. This village supports our Daimyo and it sickens me. Madara doesn't care really at all. That's why I joined Takigakure. To make a change... I wanted to see the world in a better place and not in corruption." Aiyama spoke feeling angrier that she wouldn't be able to return. The Takigakure felt like home for her.

"I don't believe in this society either Aiya-chi... it's how it is. Even if you were to preach to the elders of the village. They still wouldn't listen to the actual issues heading our way in the long run. They want the money that the Daimyo gives them. That's all they care about," Sayumi sighed before she slipped out a book. Changing the subject drastically for the poor woman.

"Anyways here is the book of suitors the elders wanted you to go through..." she gave her a small book that had about fifty pages.

"Ugh... I really wish Madara killed me." Aiyama took the book from her. Sayumi was interested to know what guys are after the Senju beauty.

"At least you don't have to think of Madara~" She laughed inwardly causing Aiyama to blush a hue of pink. "He would kill any man that would go near me. His jealousy is ridiculous." Aiyama flipped the pages seeing nothing that interested her. She was making fun of some of the worst features as she looked at the men.

"He looks so old!" Sayumi pointed to one of them. Aiyama wasn't sure why there were old men twice her age in the book. Gross as it sounded...

"Madara would not like this idea of other suitors..." Sayumi placed her index finger underneath her chin.

"What? That I'm not marrying that prick? Good for him with the jealousy that bestows upon him." Aiyama sat the book down. She had enough of all of that... she felt a little sick. She would rather scold her brothers for such choices that the pages had to offer.

"I think we need to at least get out!" Sayumi tried to beg but Aiyama shook her head at the pleading woman.

"You're not on house arrest... just that you're being watched from now on," Aiyama grumbled something else from Sayumi's statement. At least she had a lighter punishment. The men of her choices were rather disgusting in her opinion.

"Fine... where to?" Aiyama saw Sayumi beam happily which brought Aiyama some joy on the inside. She was glad that she was going to spend some time with the woman.

The two lead themselves out of the house. Already Aiyama could feel the guards watch her like a hawk. She could sense three of them.