17: Decieving the Mind

"Meet my father, Ren..." Kabira introduced the same man that Aiyama had encountered a month ago... Aiyama noticed him and scowled inside her head. She didn't want to start a discussion with that crony man.

The man eyed her thoroughly and slowly glared at the dirty blonde girl. He recognized her immediately. "The hell would you bring her here!? Why didn't you kill her?" Ren shouted as he averted his gaze to his daughter, Kabira.

"No, no! She would be very useful actually. Ironically, she may fit well here." Aoi defended her as he was feeling guilty that their father disapproved of her. It wasn't a surprise although, Aiyama looked displeased being under his gaze.

"Anyone associated with the Leaf should be executed. I don't see where this conversation would be heading." The lord sat back feeling a little more at ease.

"Actually, I left my village. Now that I hear what has been happening... I don't think I want to return." Aiyama threw her head down as she bowed hoping to gain some respect from him.

"So Kabira and Aoi told you about our conundrums with the Daimyo." Ren blinked before leaning back in comfort. His disdain look faltered into a more keen one. Calm and nonchalant.

"So I've heard..." Aiyama held her head low awaiting for him to speak. She hoped she wouldn't be killed or perhaps it was a mistake to come to this place anyhow.

"The Leaf had transported over a hundred thousand Blue Lotus flowers to the Daiymo's palace." Ren nearly had to hold in his anger with his words. The Blue Lotus flower is a poisonous flower meant to infuse weapons in battle.

However, for Aiyama, she didn't understand why the Leaf would do such a thing. "W-What do you mean?" she questioned as she felt his gaze bore onto her. She still felt antagonism grow within her; angry at herself for what she got into.

"The Daimyo used those flowers for poisoning the water streams for the village Haku. Many died and fallen ill. Do you still stand by the Leaf?" Ren's words were latched with acid and slithered. His eyes scrutinized her movements. She was at a loss for words. Aiyama didn't know what she stands for.

"I can't speak on the behalf of the Leaf. All I know is what you told me. It's horrid and terrible... I don't know why the Daimyo would do such a thing." Aiyama growled deeply in her throat. Kabira looked satisfied seeing the girl was turning sides. Aoi also felt pleased with her.

"Loyalty is one thing. But knowing the truth is another. The Daimyo targets villages who oppose him. Like the one, he determined to exterminate. The Leaf will still owe their loyalty to that foul man. Iwagakure is on our side with the same issue..." Ren placed a finger under his chin. His eyes switched over to his son then back over on Aiyama.

"I'll give you two choices..." Ren saw her gulp nervously as she nodded frantically. Awaiting for him to speak once more. He smirked from the inside.

"You can serve us and fight for what's right... or be killed by the Takigakure and thus, well know where your loyalty lies." Ren stood up as he made his way towards her. He was a strict and bold man.

"It's no surprise. I would rather kill the threat than be the threat and bring danger to this nation." Aiyama stood up from her kneel. Kabira went and wrapped one of her arms around her shoulders roughly with a pleasing smile. She was happy that Aiyama chose their side.

Before Ren could say another word. A guard sprinted into the room with a terrifying look. "Uchiha Madara is at our gates! He demands for the girl. He threatened to kill many innocent people." The guard shouted with a wavering tone. His eyes looked like they would pop out of his skull.

Aiyama didn't say anything as she watched the man increase in fear. Ren nodded before turning his head to Aiyama.

"This is where I will be deemed to know if you're loyal to us now. Get rid of him," he says with such serious etching on to him. Aiyama chuckled with a nod. She didn't know why Madara would come for her. She wanted to push the thoughts of him out of her mind.

He didn't have a crazy effect on her like before. She wanted to suppress the feelings and forget. But could she face him?

She walked out with Aoi and Kabira following close behind. "What will you tell him?" Aoi asked while he notices Aiyama stiffen. She saw Madara glare at her. He saw that she wasn't tied up or being held, hostage.

"What the hell do you want?" she snarled at him. Seeing his glare even more.

"I'm taking you back." He went to grab her arm but she pulled back. She nearly wanted to slap him for thinking everything would be alright.

"I'm not going back. You just wasted your time coming here." Aiyama scrunched her nose up. She watched Madara grow more impatient by the minute.

"If you come back with me. We can work out our problems. Aiyama-" he stopped as he saw her stare harden. She was glaring daggers at the man. Something in him was twisting as he watched her carefully.

"There is nothing we can talk about. We can fight here, or you leave." She sternly says seeing Madara was going to say something but Aoi placed a hand on her shoulder. Aiyama was feeling herself crumble by his animosity stare.

"Give it time..." he whispered to her ear. Madara turned his glare onto the man that touched her. He didn't know what had overcome him, but his Sharingan spun madly at them.

Then Hashirama and Tobirama appeared quickly before Madara would lash his anger out at her. "Aiyama!" Hashirama tried to plead. However, it was already too late.

"If you won't come willingly then I'll drag you back!" Madara forced a hard grip on her upper arm causing her to yell. She tried to break free from his grasp. She used her other free hand to mark him with her crystal armour that engulfed her hand.

"Why the hell would any of you come after me. I won't serve the Leaf. It's corrupted!" She shouted before Kabira shot them a death warning with her features.

"What the hell are you talking about?!" Tobirama tried to grab her as well. But failed, unfortunately.

Many Takigakure guards were appearing and were ready to take them on if they had to. Hashirama had looked hurt to see his sister turning against them. He had no idea what she was talking about.

"Leave before you cause havoc," Aiyama warned again before she turned her back. She didn't want to face them. It would only hurt her more. It ate her up greatly to say such things. Madara was growing with anger at her. Her stubbornness is what etched his emotions.

"Madara! She is gone." Hashirama tried to grab his friend's arm, she expected him to push her more but he obliged. He shot Aiyama one last glance before he turned away.

The three had left unexpectedly. She knew what she had done. Something in her burned with emotions. One part of her wished she could return. Perhaps forgive Madara and live a life with him. The other part loathed the Leaf and their decisions. She was confused and felt broken at the same time.

"You did well..." Kabira stated before pulling her back into her father's residence. She didn't know what to expect anymore. She chose this. Aiyama decided what she must do. Protect the nation from evil.

"I see you chose your side well. I'll have my daughter reside a room for you. I must talk to you in the morning for more importance." Ren dismissed them harshly. Aiyama nodded before following Kabira to where she would sleep.

Aoi had left to train with more of their men. So it was left with Kabira and Aiyama alone.

"I know my father may be strict. But we need a leader like that. Once we focus on to our goals, we will annihilate our enemies." Kabira slid open a shoji door revealing a marvellous room.

The bed was on one side of the room. There was a dresser next to it. The bathroom was quite huge and fitted well. The walls were embossed with many wood carvings. Long vines were embedded on the walls.

"I like it..." she whispered feeling a smile crack on her lips. Kabira was excited to have a new friend to get to know more. She was strange and worth the time. She felt like Aiyama was someone who could be special to her.

"Tomorrow you will be introduced to others. My father will need to talk to you about something... I won't say, however. But get some sleep. Don't think of today as much." Kabira left the room; sliding the shoji door behind her.

Aiyama sat on the bed still pondering of the events that happened today. She closed her eyes as she laid back. Not bothering to change at all.

Her mind was longing for sleep. She barely slept the night beforehand. She came unprepared, but she felt like she could trust the place more.