Little Talks

A phone buzzed and Landon looked at his own in confusion for a moment before he realized, it was Will's phone that had made a sound. Without thinking he pressed the home button of his friend's phone to see who'd been texting.

Loreen: Hey Will it's me, Loreen. Thanks for everything today and I hope I didn't make too much trouble.

He looked at the message for a moment. He remembered Will and Loreen talking about phone numbers earlier in the studio but why did she text him this? Landon looked around but Will had to be in the bathroom, he could hear the rushing of the water so he was probably taking a shower.

Landon hesitated for a moment before he took the phone, unlocked it and opened the messenger. His fingers paused over the keypad of the phone before he started to type but after typing a few letters, he deleted it. The young man looked at the blinking blue slash. The text was obviously related to the fight they've had. Should he ask her about that? No, probably not. Again he thought for a moment before he started typing again. She had blamed him in front of the others and now she apologized to Will? Anger hit him as he sent the message.

Will: You do like big performances, don't you?

What was he doing? This was Will's phone and he was answering Will's messages? It was stupid and Will would be angry if he found out. But Landon was angry at Loreen. Why exactly? He didn't know. He just was. Shaking his head, he wanted to delete the messages and lay down the phone, pretending like nothing had happened, as it buzzed again.

Loreen: I wanna be an actress, does that answer your question?

Landon looked at the text. Why would anyone want to become an actress? He was born and raised in Hollywood. He had grown up, seeing thousands of people rising and falling. Moreover, everyone knew, how little the chance was to become a successful actress. Of course he wasn't the one to judge, looking at his career. But he knew the meaning of fame and sometimes he wished himself back to the time where it was just him, Will and their guitars sitting on the streets of Sunset, playing songs and caring about nothing. Nearly unbelievable it was just a few years ago.

Another buzz signalized that another message was received and Landon got torn out his thoughts and looked at the phone again.

Loreen: I'm sorry for the fight, I swear. Normally I'm not the one to crash in and screw everything up. I don't know what came over me. But Landon's used to it, isn't he?

But Landon is used to it? What the hell was this all about? It sounded like a knock towards him.

Will: I'm not the one you should tell that. And what do you mean by that?

Loreen: By what?

Will: Of Landon being used to it?

Loreen: Forget it. I was referring to your statement when you payed me off that morning. You said that... Well please just forget it. I know he's your friend, probably shouldn't have said that.

Did she really think he was that bad? But thinking about it, she was true. She wasn't the first one he'd fight with afterwards they had a one-night-stand. Once again he thought about what to reply.

"I'm going to visit my family today. Wanna join? You know they love you and I bet my mom baked-"

Landon jumped terrified and dropped Will's phone on the ground. "God", he shouted and Will grinned. "No, it's just me."

"Haha, very funny. You scared me", Landon replied, his heart still pounding, while he tried to pick up the phone without making Will see it was his. Damn it, why hadn't he heard it as the water stopped? Will looked at him with a what-the-fuck-look and picked up the phone that had landed under one of the kitchen chairs. As he wanted to hand it back, he stumbled.