Prologue

USA, California, Los Angeles
●   ●   ●

"Fuck you all, you goddamn motherfucking sons of bitches!"

"Everything's okay with you", Will asked even if it was obvious, that Landon had some kind of problem. Landon didn't answer. He just smashed his cap against the wall and kicked against the couch as if it was the cause of his bad mood.

"They don't get it. They really don't get it, do they", he hissed in rage, moving over to a vase, but before anything could happen, Will jumped up and blocked his path.

"Lanny! Calm down. I understand you are upset but can you please don't crash my room? I still need it."

"They'll refuse our album if we don't let them censure our texts. See? It's also your problem, Will."

Will sighed.

"Lan, I know. And I truly hate it, believe me. I wrote the texts too and I'll never let anyone censure it. But there are other labels and..."

"We've been working on this shit for over a year. And now they tell us, that our texts are too rude and too crude? I really don't get it. Why do they want to muzzle me?"

"Hey, relax boy! We will find another label, I promise. Maybe the world's just not ready to hear our music. We'll gonna do it, you'll see", Will kept on him.

"Yeah maybe. Someday in the future, that will never arrive. Don't you see it? They're tempting us to put a bridle on our tongues just because this is not, what they are used to hear!" Landon went on having a cow. "It's like I am still at home. Like my mommy is fussing about the courses I missed in High School and tells me, I curse too much, stay up too late and this kind of crap. I fuckin' hate those assholes who can't see, that we are who we are and not, who they want us to be. Who am I, when I pretend to be someone else? Right! Nothing else but a face in the crowd, nobody is caring about."

"Wow that sounded pretty poetic, maybe you should write a song about that", Will claimed with a smile.

"Perhaps later. I have to let of some steam. Wanna join?" Landon grabbed his skateboard and picked up his cap that he had thrown away in rage earlier.

Will hesitated for a moment then he shrugged his shoulders. "Sure. Where're we going?"

"I already told the others about the label. They said we'll meet up later on, same place as usual. So what do you think about getting some drinks, go skating a little bit and then meet up with the guys?"

Will nodded absently, his thoughts somewhere else. Landon noticed it and laughed softly.

"I'm sure, Grace will be there too. Are you coming?"

"Wasn't thinking 'bout that", he defended, but Landon just smiled conscious.

"No, of course you weren't. Let's get going, I want to skate a bit, get drunk and maybe a hot night with Eliza."

"I don't really appreciate the way you game on these girls. Does Emily know you're sleeping with Eliza", Will declared, narrowing his eyebrows.

"You sound like my Mom. And when we are talking about that... Do you really think I am that stupid", Landon gave as an answer and moved his cap in the right place.

"Do I have to answer this question?"

"Oh, just fuck off, D-Chess. You better ask Grace to go out with you or she'll get another", Landon answered with a lough, punching against Wills arm playfully.

"But what if she says no?"

"What if she says yes? Will, you're such a girl sometimes. Just go and ask her. Or kiss her first and then ask her. Or you just skip that whole boyfriend-shit and..."

"Oh just shut up, Dead Head. I guess you are the last person anyone should take references from!" Landon smirked and Will, who scowled first, couldn't help smiling back. "I thought you wanted to go..."

"You are the one jabbing on constantly." Will didn't answer but shook his head in slight disbelief.

"It isn't like you don't know where my door is, Lan..."

"Check! Surprisingly I do know that. Well at least most of the time."

"Still proud of the party you were so drunk, that you wanted to leave the apartment through the closet door?"

"Sure I'm proud of that. You don't know what it took to get this fucking drunk."

"I'm sure you didn't want to know it either on the next day. As far as I recollect you spend the whole next day in the bathroom, hanging over the toilet bowl...", Will murmured.

"Well... Why did you have to mention that? The story's way better without that shit. And let's go, the guys are waiting and I really need a drink. "

Landon made a shooing gesticulation on Will.

"Those fucking bastards, who don't know, what good music is like...", he went on cursing the record company. Will followed him, closing the door after they left the apartment while shaking his head about his friend.

●   ●   ●

Europe, Austria, Vienna

●   ●   ●

"Please mom! I beg you! It's my dream; don't you understand how important this is to me?"

"We don't have the money for this, Loreen. And I've told you often enough", Gabrielle said with anger rising in her voice.

"But..."

"No! Get that stupid idea out of your head. You know, that we support you in nearly everything. But this idea is just pointless. How do you plan to do all this? Just head over to Hollywood, go to that stupid acting school, nobody can afford to pay, get an offer for a big film project and become famous? That will never work and you know that."

"I already told you. If you never try, you'll never know. Maybe it doesn't work like that but this is my dream. And I really want to live it. I just have this one life", Loreen answered with despair. They had talked this through for so much times and she was sick of the discussion. She had her point and pighead she was, she would never give up.

Loreen knew that her dream was big. Maybe a little too big, but it doesn't matter to her. She looked up to the little sign she had fixed over her study desk.

Don't dream your life. Live your dreams!

She sighed and looked at her mother, standing in her room, staring at her daughter with narrowed eyes and with her arms crossed.

"I won't let you throw away your life. This dream of yours is stupid. It'll never work. So please darling, you know I support you. But in cases that aren't forlorn. There are so many things you can study; I won't even say anything about studying abroad. But this acting thing is really hopelessly."

Loreen shook her head. Of course she understood the points her mother was worrying about, but that didn't stop her from dreaming. And it didn't affect her determination.

"Mom I guess I have to tell you something." Gabrielle's whole posture froze. She wanted to open her mouth, but Loreen went on without taking care of it.

"I applied for the 'stupid acting school' like you called it and surprisingly I got taken. Of course there is still an admission exam I'll have to do there. You know some kind of casting and stuff like that. But if I make it, I'll get a college place. Of course it is expensive, but somehow I will make it work. I'm not asking you to support me; I will do it with your approval or without. This is just what I have to do. It's my dream and I know, someday I will make it work."

The girl firmly looked up in her mother's eyes, and then she smiled sadly, before she went out of the room to let Gabrielle think about what just happened.

A/N:

This is my first story on Wattpad so if you have any kind of constructive criticism, feel free to message me, I would be grateful. English isn't my first language so please bear with me. I know I'm not perfect. If you find any mistakes please tell me and I will correct them.