Never Say Never

Of course Loreen had been a little late so she hurried to get out of the bus and up to the building where the first meeting took place. Would there ever be a time, where she didn't have to rush to get somewhere in time? Probably not. Everyone had their strengths and being early wasn't Loreen's.

She hurried up the streets and tried to fix her hair at the same time. Cursing and grumbling she gave up on that part and let her hair loose. The manager had said that this would just be a conference to become acquainted with the band members and the other actors and actresses, as well as telling everyone what the video was going to be about and who got which parts. Hopefully it wouldn't take too long.

Finally she reached the right street and tried to calm down. It's just a music video; she said to herself. In the past years she had done lots of projects of different kinds. It was part of the program, the academy offered. Projects had to be done off of regular courses and where graded.

The students had to document everything they did, the head of the project needed to inform the relevant professor about the working process their students made. In exchange they got a 'volunteer' for their films and movie projects, they didn't have to pay.

The system was quite good and you got much experience by that but for students like Loreen it was rather hard, because it took up a lot of time, Loreen couldn't use for paid work.

By the time she reached the right street she looked up to the street numbers to find the right building. She stopped in front of a building that was slightly higher than the others and didn't look very elegant. Loreen pulled out her phone to check the information she got again but it seemed she was right. The young woman shrugged and walked up to the door, searching for a doorbell or a nameplate.

"Heya pretty woman! Whatcha doing here alone? Ya lost or something", a voice called from behind and Loreen turned around in bewilderment to face a tall guy with brown hair and a mischievous grin on his face.

"I'm here for a music video", Loreen answered, feeling a bit uneasy. This guy looked like trouble. Like one of those people she had known earlier, in her life back in Europe. People she wanted to forget about.

"So you're one of the actresses? Nice to meet you." He offered her a hand which she took and smiled. Loreen relaxed a bit.

"Nice to meet you, too", she replied. This wasn't her past anymore and he seemed to be quite nice, even though he checked her from top to bottom. "Wanna get inside? I'm Jack by the way. What did you say was your name, beautiful?"

It was quite unbelievable. This guy must be younger than her but he was definitely flirting with her. He looked innocent and roguish at the same time, but Loreen couldn't be mad at him. Jack reminded her of a puppy that was nothing innocent at all but you still had to love him. Plus the boy seemed to have a self-confidence that made your own look dwarfish and that was quite impressing.

"Jack stop being a womanizer and get in there", another voice called from behind before Loreen was able to answer. She looked around to see who was talking. The speaker was smaller than Jack, dark blonde hair and dark eyes. He looked a bit like a nerd and smiled in a friendly way as he saw Loreen.

"Shut up Ben, you fucking killjoy!" But Jack smiled as he said this. "This girl's up for our video. I didn't know the actresses where that hot, did you Ben?" Jack winked and Ben rolled his eyes.

"I'm Loreen", she interjected, ignoring the hit on.

"Nice to meet you, Loreen. I think we better go inside to be on time. Don't wanna mess with Mark, don't we", the other one - Ben - said and Jack made a face.

"Mark's an emperor sometimes", Jack murmured before he opened the door and let Loreen go first.

"Jack, Ben, you're late", a man called as he saw the two boys stepping in. A few persons already stood around, some talking, some on their phones and some just standing around.