Chapter 20:- Chase in the Maze

Start from the beginning

We stopped. My gaze was fixed on the girl. From her back, it looked like she was too young. Must have not even completed the school. What could a small girl like her have done I thought. She was not only small but too fragile.

Adolfo walked near the table and started unbuttoning his sleeves cufflinks and rolled them up. He took off his Rolex watch and placed it slowly with caution on the table. He then picks up the leather gloves from the table and wore them. While he was fixing his self he said

"Faith, go open that girls handcuffs and release her"

Me. Why me?. The things he has all done before scared the hell out of me. It felt like he was getting ready to butcher someone.

I looked at Max but the moment he made eye contact with me he looked down in an apologetic way. The next person I looked at was Robert. He was standing in an alert military position with his hands back but the moment he looked at me he gave a small laugh. I looked at everyone's expressions the maid looked scared and Adolfo's other two capos were stern. I was bemused.

I took a small step forward and slowly started walking towards that small girl. She was shivering. I walked in front of her. Her Hands were rested on her thigh. The chain looked a lot heavier for her small wrist. Her hair were in front of her face. I couldn't see her face. I bend down a little but couldn't reach up to her wrist. I kneeled down and gently took the hold of her wrist. She was too weak and had a lot of bruises on her skin.

The maid came forward and handed me the keys to open her handcuffs. I took the keys and started opening her cuffs. I opened the left hand's cuffs and was about to open the right hands just then I felt a wetness on my hand. It was because of her teardrops. She was crying, I felt bad for her. I opened her right hands' cuffs and threw them away. Her head was bent down. I placed my two fingers under her chin and raised her head up slowly.

It was the curiosity that made me do that. The hairs were still covering her face. But suddenly a wind blew from inside the maze through an entrance that made her hair flew back in revealing her.

I winced, aghast at the face in front of me. There was a tear-filled in those small eyes looking at me, pleading for help. I grabbed her and hugged her tight saying her name.

"Grace" I cried out loud in her appearance. I never imagined I would meet her like this.

"Faith... Help me" she whispered in pain.

I released my hold and looked at her. The next thing I saw was behind her head.

A crossbow loaded gun. I slowly started looking up from the gun to the leather gloves holding that weapon and then the folded sleeves and at last the devil's face. I didn't notice them before. His eyes were sending draggers towards us. I held my small sister in my arms and cried

"Please, I beg you, she's small, don't kill her. You have a problem with me right?........ "

"Then kill me " I shouted with tears rolling down my eyes for my sister. I was begging for mercy but there was only amusement on his face. He gave a small laugh and then looked at one of his capos and signaling​ him something with his eyes. I knew what that meant.

I just made my grip more strong on my sister. For not letting her go away from me. The capo started pulling me away from her. I screamed in pain and forgiveness. I screamed, cried but he didn't listen.

The capo pulled me away from her. She was still on her knees joining her hands for mercy and crying. She kept saying my name .....Faith...Faith .....Faith......Faith.

I tried my best to fight back from that capo. But his grip was strong I tried to even hit him. But I failed. He held me from behind and made me look at my sister and Adolfo.

I saw Adolfo raising his gun up and pointing at Grace. I screamed in high pitched.

"Nooooooooo...... Please kill me not her..... please"

He was being deaf right now. His eyes were only on my sister.

"Get up, and run inside, if you get out from the exit of this maze then your free to go but if I find you inside before you find the exit, your dead" rasped Adolfo out loud.

My eyes went wide open in shock. I knew even if he didn't find her she will die in that maze. I recalled every word said by Max about the maze in my mind

"That maze is like a toy for Adolfo, he knows each and every corner, path, turn and exit like the back of his hand. If anyone disobeys him or goes against his orders or anything, anything that makes him angry he   sends them inside that maze and tell them to run and hide for their life, that maze is so confusing and complicated that person might be stuck there for ages and still never comes out and he might die there due to starving or due to Adolfo's guns . Adolfo chase's the person and if he finds him, then his dead. Adolfo just enters in there with one crossbow gun weapon with only one arrow and if it comes out with the arrow that means the persons going to die starving inside with horror and if he comes out without the arrow that means the persons dead. Adolfo always comes out safely."

I saw Grace standing up slowly on her feet. She turned​ back to look at me. I cried at her bravery she then gave a stern look to Adolfo. Which he didn't like it.

She turned her back facing towards the maze. She started walking with a stagger. She stops at the entrance but didn't turn back after a few seconds she ran inside with all her power. All I could do was scream her name.

After perfect one minute​ Adolfo entered inside the maze with his crossbow gun raised up in ready to shoot position. His face was expressions less but he went inside like a hunter looking for his prey.

I wanted to go inside too to save my sister. But I didn't notice before that there were gates to for the maze. The maid closed the gates. The moment the gates were locked and the keys were given to Robert. The capo pushed me in forward to let me free. I fell down on my knees.  I saw everyone walking back towards the mansion.

"I'm going to see my son returning back from the maze from my balcony view. I hope his returns back with no arrow" whined Robert.

Everyone was gone. It was just me and Max still outside the gates. I ran towards the gates and pulled them trying to open them. I screamed.

"Grace..... Grace " with tears running down my eyes. I tried everything but got demoted

I walked back a bit and dropped down on my knees in disappointment.

*****
"My body literally aches in the thoughts of never seeing you again "
*****

******

Vote, Share and Comment on your favorite part

and Follow me insta its_shaili_kg

*******