Chapter 20:- Chase in the Maze

Start from the beginning

Maybe I was thinking too much I thought. The ringing stopped. I looked at the screen to see if the call was ended or picked up.

It was picked up.

I immediately said

"Heyy !"

"What ?" He said his tone sounded rude.

"Did you..... " Before I could complete my sentence he said.

"Yes, I did. I killed them." He

"Why? " I whispered.

"There are many reasons, I can't tell you all those things on the phone and I don't want to risk my life either by tell you," he said.

His life.

"Risk your​ life by telling me! Why? It's not like I'm gonna tell Adolfo " I rasped.

"I can't trust anyone " he mumbled

"So it's about trust huh?... But you want me to trust you" I queried.

"Don't argue with me about this topic just understand for once that I just can't talk about it" he muttered.

"Fine," I whispered.

I ended the call. Because this conversation was not normal. It was heating up and would end up terrible. I know sometimes I am annoying or stubborn. But I really want to know why this stranger wants to help me.

I was still in my bathroom. Thinking about what could possibly be the reason he was being so much grumpy and did he killed them for me.

I was so much zoned out that later I sensed someone was knocking on my door. Before I could even get out of the washroom the bang was getting louder. The bangs on the door were getting louder,  the person intentions are to break the door. If that it is then that person is definitely Adolfo.

I opened the door not in a hurry because I knew my guess was right. And it was.

It was Adolfo.

He raised his hand up signaling me to hold his hand.

"Come, my beautiful wife," he said with a wicked smile on his face.

"Where," I said in a stern voice. His expressions changed I knew he didn't like me back answering. I will do very thing that makes him crazy or mad even if the consequences would be my dead.

"I want to show you my favorite sports watch me and cheer for me while I'm playing," he said again with the same smiley face. That expression of his always creeps me out. I'm definitely sure his favorite villain was Joker. And maybe his copying him. But I don't think so anybody would be his fan.

I walked out of the door and closed the door. He was still waiting for me to hold his hands but I didn't. I walked passed him. He started walking behind me. But then quickly walked passed me so that I could follow him now. Childish!

We kept walking until we didn't get out of the mansion. We were at the back of the mansion in the wide garden area. But he was walking towards the maze. The maze was too far away but I could see a table with the wide umbrella on top for shade, Max and some two more men in Black suit, a maid and Robert (Adolfo's dad). The only thing I saw when I got closer was a girl in some filthy dress on her knees. Her hair was open covering her face. She was handcuffed to a heavy metal chain and one of Adolfo's capo was holding the end of the chain. The only sound I could hear was the sound of those heavy chains. She was facing the entrance of the maze.