Chapter13: Marry me?

Lucy
*******

The next day I woke up in a zombie like state. I'd slept pass my normal wake up time. The sun was up so I felt extra lazy. Stretching in bed I found a single rose lying on the pillow next to mine. These grew just near my window. Underneath it was a note written in a bold distinctly male hand writing.

Went home. Didn't know you could look any more beautiful but in your sleep, you're even more like an Angel, my angel.
   -Darrell

There didn't even have to be a name for me to know it's Darrell. He failed to mention that I fell asleep way before the credits rolled around and spent the entire movie watching him. I found him way more interesting than the movie, the different expressions he made during the movie. I swear his facial expression changed every second. Some even had me cracking up, upon which he'd look at me wierd.

"What's so funny?"

"Oh nothing "I'd say pretending to watch the movie.

"Whatever wierdo." I'd smirked at that.

I got a text while munching on my cereal. I loved corn flakes but was easily tired of it so I only ate it once in a blue moon.

Dad was outside in the sun planting or something. He did that alot and took much pride in his plants. It was beautiful though especially from my window, a kaleidescope of colours. I had to check them out sometime.

My phone vibrated with a text. Darrell's name flashed across the screen. When had I programmed his number in my phone?

Morning my beautiful. What are you doing today?

Morning handsome:)Nothing I guess, how did you know my phone's password? I texted knowing he must have programmed his number in my phone between last night and today.

Lucky guess ;)

Lol. Aren't you going to gloat?

Naah, if it was anyone else's name I'd be jealous.

Thank God its yours then :).

Yeah, I might have had to spank that ass of yours. He texted back. I blushed reading the text immediately images of what I'd seen in the store Kiro ambushed me in flashed before me. I could feel my cheeks flushing a darker shade.

You wouldn't have dared.   I texted back my cheeks still burning up.

The fridge door slammed and Dad's deep baritone penetrated my cocoon "You're not sexting that Hunter  boy are you?"

"Dad," I screeched nearly flinging my phone at his face hands on my chest.

"Are you trying to kill me?" I ask clutching my chest scrunching my nose up at his sweat drenched smelly self. His old pants had dirt stains all over it especially at the knees while his shirt was sticking to him.

He chugged the entire bottle of water in one go.

"How did he do that with the water?" I thought.

"You were obviously caught up in something, I even I called your name and cleared my throat when I entered the kitchen."

"No you didn't," I say glaring .

He smirked "you're right I didnt but you were obviously caught up in a conversation with someone," he says looking at me meaningfully before tipping his chin to my phone as it lights up with a message. I ignored it.

"No I wasn't," I lie feebly.

He rolled his eyes before chugging another bottle of water allowing some to dribble onto his sweat soaked shirt.