Boyz Night |5|

Ok... I absolutely have no more overwatch pics so have one if my digiarts.

Sorry about not doing Jack's story last night. The nurse said to rest for a whole day... but why do I have to rest when the only broken thing is my leg?! Someone explain this to me.

Anyway, to make up for it, I'm gonna do 4 of my favourite characters today. Forget the fish bowl. Let's get to it.

Note: You're already 7 in this part of the story.

~//~

JACK:
*Gasp*
'What?' You thought. You were in bed, sweating so much you could drown in it. You breathed heavily as the beads of sweat dropped. You quickly raised your hand up to your chest. It's racing. You started to feel your eyes water. The tears start rolling down your face. You quietly sobbed in bed before deciding to go to the first person you thought of.

As you walked the quiet halls, you can't help but remember those screams.

(Y/N)! Run!

You couldn't breathe. You let your body rest on the white wall. You squeezed your head, continuing on your journey to that room.

Get going! Now!

You hesitantly knock on the door, rubbing your tear ridden eyes. You continue to sob, those scenes racing through your head.

They're coming! You have to run!

You hear approaching footsteps, and the door opened. It revealed a sleepy groggy blonde, yawning as if trying to catch the biggest fly ever. "(Y/N)? What are you doin-" your sobs grew louder, catching the man's full attention.

"H-hey! What's wrong, (Y/N)?" He rushed to your side, lifting you up on his knee. "Are you o-okay?" He lightly shook you, slightly panicking. "Y-you were bleeding, and they were laughing and everyone wasn't m-moving and I-I kept running but they chased me and I... I..." you bursted into a fit of tears. Jack hugged you tightly, and comforted you with light strokes on your (h/l) hair. "Shhh... I-it's ok, (Y/N)... It's just a nightmare. No one's hurt," he carried you into his room and sat you on the edge of his bed.

"How 'bout you sleep here tonight? I'll protect you, ok?" He squated to level with your eyes. You slowly nod, calming down a bit. "That's my soldier. Come on," he carried you and tucked you into bed before getting in himself.

"Night, (Y/N)," he whispered.

"Good night, dad," you answer back before drifting off to sleep. You've been calling him that for so long, but it still surprises him a bit. He smiled at you before getting back to sleep.

Jack's POV

Years past and (Y/N)'s become 18. "She's grown up to be a great soldier... like someone I know," Ana told you as you both watch (Y/N) head into battle, all geared up. "Yeah," you simply stated, quietly worried about how she'll do. Ana, the ever so observant, noticed your worry. She pats you on your back, reassuringly. You get off the ship yourself and prepare your gun.

'It's been an hour now. She should've been back,' you worriedly looked through the battlefield. You scan the area and stop at a body. Your eyes widen as you realize just who it is. '(Y/N)... no...'

You ran and ran, finally reaching her pale body on the ground. You pick her up with shaking hands. "No no no no no... (Y/N)!" You scream, her blood staining your blue uniform. "D-dad?" She weakly opens her eyes. "You're gonna be ok... I promise," you try to lift her up, but your body fell weak.

"You left me..." she faintly says. Your heart falls heavy as she said that. "N-no... I didn't," your voice quivered. "You said you'd protect me," she tried to leave your arms, but you kept her there, trying to reason with her. "You... killed me..." with her dying breath, she broke your weak heart. Her hand falls from yours and you scream her name in desperate hope that she'll wake up. You told yourself over and over that you didn't kill her. You didn't. YOU DIDN'T.