Chapter 2

                                          Sorry

                                          Sorry. Two pictures don't fit at the very top!

             I slowly wake up to a pleasant citrus smell, and lights shining through my eyelids, making me throw an arm over my face. My forehead explodes in pain, and I let out a groan. Great Sang, great. Hit yourself where you're already hurt. I start to go through my memories and feel like I'm right about to realize something when I hear footsteps. I throw myself into a sitting position, much to my head's protest, and look towards the noise.  

             Standing in the doorway of the bedroom-why am I in a bedroom?- is the most gorgeous man I've ever seen in my life. That might not be saying much...but still. Standing there, his curling blond hair falls onto his face and just above his laughing green eyes. He smiles a little at me and I notice two things at once; One, he is now even more gorgeous and Two, he is wearing a white coat. As in a doctor's coat. For doctors. My breathing gets heavier with this realization and and scramble, trying to get out of this bed. Why is there doctor? Where am I? Oh man, I knew I lucked out with Wil not being a murderer! The man loses his smile and starts to walk over to me. I finally escape the blankets, only to land hard on the floor. The pain jars me, going through my body and up to my head. I lay on my face, the pain paralyzing me. I smell the citrus more strongly now, and I know that the stranger-the doctor-has reached me. 

              "Now Pookie, I'm not that bad to look at am I?" His voice is laughing and I'm reminded of how I first met Wil. 

               I twist my body so that I'm laying on my side and look up at him. He is crouched down next to me and sure enough, he's smiling at me again. Handsome does not mean safe Sang! 

                "Well as fun as looking at your adorable face is, Pookie, maybe we should get you back in bed." He goes to reach for me and I flinch, thinking about his words, thinking about "mother's" words. Wil had changed my view of the outside world, but hearing about all the things that can happen to a girl don't easily fade from my mind as I face this stranger. His hands still and his eyes fill with regret as he looks into mine. 

            "Oh no, Gumdrop. Not that way! I will have you know that I took an oath! And I take my doctoring seriously. I would never do anything that you wouldn't like. " He tries to smile while saying this, but his voice is desperate for me to believe him.

              I pause, thinking it over, and then take a deep breath, reaching out for his hand that's still frozen between us. His grin is revived and I'm blinded. Using his strength, I pull myself up and promptly sit on the bed. Material pools over my feet, and I look down to see my legs encased in a pair of oversized sweatpants. My hand-me-down shorts are nowhere to be seen, and my torso has a large light blue t-shirt draped over it, instead of my worn button down shirt. It smells faintly of vanilla. The doctor moves to stand in front of and I find myself feeling wary around this weird man.

                I look straight into his eyes, "Where am I? Are you a real doctor? You look too young. What happened?" 

                "Ah! I like this side of you. Inquisitive Pookie. I am indeed a doctor, have been for two years, and you, my dear, are in my apartment. I heard that you had a scuffle with a certain dog." He answers my questions immediately, which makes me relax a bit, though I don't know how I feel about being in his home. 

                I frown, "What dog? All I remember is hitting the ground, and then seeing someone's eyes. They were green." I look at his once more. "I don't think that was you though."

              "Correct. That would be Kota, the owner of said dog. Apparently Max-his dog- broke the leash and decided to tackle you. You knocked your head pretty bad so Kota called me, and here you are!" He grins after this explanation and I can imagine him cheering up patients just by walking into the room. 

              "Oh. Um, well thank you. For helping me I mean." I look down at my lap. The only person who has helped me to this day is Wil. I really hope that the world is better than my "mother" said. 

               He shifts and I look up again, "Not a problem! I was just on my way back from the hospital. I don't think that you have a concussion, but you should still ice that bump on your head and take some pain killers. I was actually going to get you some when I heard you waking up." He winks and motions to the door. "Now that your beautiful eyes are open, would you like to accompany me to the kitchen, Pookie?" 

                I look at the doorway and narrow my eyes at him, "If, and only if, I get to know your name." I haven't felt like joking in a very long time, but I felt as if this man would play along to any kind of sillyness that I feel up to. And so I'm choosing to trust him for now. Maybe he can become a friend like Wil. 

--------------------------------------------------

                 Dr. Sean Green helped me into the kitchen and made me take painkillers while he got an icepack from his freezer. I learned that he is twenty-two, has eight brothers, and can speak Japanese, though he won't tell me what he says, claiming that I just need to learn the language and find out myself. I laugh so much that I can't feel the pain in my head anymore, though that could also be thanks to the medicine. 

                He starts to make some eggs for me to eat, but I step in when they start to turn black. He surrenders the kitchen to me and then goes to his room to change. There aren't any more eggs, so I think of what to make. I see some apples on the table and inspiration strikes. I found some cheese in the fridge and I washed out the egg pan, but I can't seem to find any bread. I climb onto the counter, praying that Sean doesn't mind, and start to open higher cabinets. Right there, on the very top shelf, is the bread. I'm standing at my full height now, stretching to reach the bag, when a sharp voice causes me to lose my balance, "Who are you and what are you doing in this apartment?" 

                 I squeak and fall towards the speaker. I barley have time to notice his piercing gray eyes before I'm in his arms.  Looking up at his perfect face, I cover my mouth with my hands. What have I done?

I promise, I'm not trying to end chapters with meeting new guys, it just ended up that way! Stay tuned for Mr. Blackbourne.