"Oh, I didn't?"

You could see Kurapika shake his head no from the corner of your eye.
You squeezed your eyes shut at that.

"(Y/n)"

"What?"

"Tattoo..."

"What about it?"

"(Y/n). Don't play dumb."

"I'm noooott~"

"(Y/n)."

"Egehehhhhh hehe....uuugh"

This went on for five minutes. There was no backing out of it. The only way you could make it out alive was if you did lie. But pfft, pFfT! You weren't going to go to that level that quick.
Kurapika's gaze was fixated on you now. God, you admired him so much. His beautiful cat shaped eyes, his girlish upper lip, and his small nose...all three of them together made you squeak internally from how cute he is. Kurapika was a mixture of being irresistibly adorable and incredibly hot. Of course whenever his eyes turned scarlet, that was when you mentally fainted.

Kurapika looked at you without saying a word. The way he did that made a slight blush creep on to your face.

"W- what?"

"Tell me."

"What the hell Kurapika. I'm driving man," You spoke, sticking your tongue out at him. "Why are you so concerned about me getting a tattoo anyways? It'll be in a place you'll never even see. So it'll be hidden all of the time anyways."

Kurapika sighed, resting the palm of his hand against his forehead. He set his head against the small little head rest behind him.

"You told me you would be more open with me just last night."

You inhaled a hiss.

"I know" You stated defensively. "You can't accept the simple fact that I want a tattoo just because I want one?"

That's exactly what you told your parents when you were younger. They asked you multiple times why you wanted a tattoo without meaning, but you gave them that answer. Now you could do the same with Kurapika. It wasn't technically lying, you were just avoiding his question with truthful words from the past.

"I suppose I can accept that. I don't understand as to why you want to destroy your body with markings that will never ever be removed."

"They can be removed~" you pouted, pointing out that there is in fact a way to remove a tattoo. "It's just expensive..." you muttered the last part very quietly.

Kurapika shook his head, a small smile tugging on his lips. He let out a short laugh.

"We're a mess. Is arguing all we ever seem to achieve now?"

"We're not arguing."

"Yes, we are. This is arguing. You very well know it is."

Kurapika looked down at his feet for a second before looking at you. Neither of you exchanged words for a few seconds. Well, that is until you looked out his window.

"Hey, Pika Pika, look out your window. Look at that." You said quietly, as you looked out Kurapika's window. He turned his head away from you to look out as well.

A beautiful sunset was hovering over the small highways bridge you were currently crossing over. The sky was illuminated with a lavender purple and a peachy orange. The sun was slowly hiding behind the clouds, while the moon began to rise. Stars were starting to appear like little speckles of white paint on a black canvas.

After viewing the sunset for yourself, you took a quick glance of Kurapika before looking at the road. You smiled at him. The smallest things intrigue him so much and that's what made your heart melt. That's why you fell in love with him.

"The first few years of real relationship are usually the most complicated." You quietly spoke. Kurapika turned his gaze to you. The purple sky shined on your skin, making Kurapika blush. Even if you two have already spent a full year together in a relationship, little things still made you two blush at each other.

"I guess so," Kurapika smiled at you. "Do you remember our first date?"

"At the top of the mountain? Of course. It was your idea." You giggled.

"You were shy that day."

"I was trying to make a good impression!" You turned your head away from the road to look out your window defensively. "I didn't exactly want to scare you off when I just started to get to know you."

Kurapika snorted lightly before laughing.

"Maybe so. I guess we should have been open with each other from the first day we met, don't you think?" Kurapika asked, raising a thin blonde brow. "Of course we wouldn't have a revealed our secrets right away, but it would have been slightly better if we were more open about how we act on a daily basis. I can honestly say I never thought we would stay in a relationship for a long period of time though, I suppose that's why we are so close to each other. We've learned how to deal with one another. Through argument or happiness, we have managed to fall in love all over again because of that. I don't think I could contain myself from ever falling for you over and over again. You're a blessing to me, and I thank you."

You blushed at Kurapika's words. You really had no words for his beautiful confession. The most you could say was,

"Oh Kurapika...."

He reached his hand over the arm rest separating you and grabbed your hand. He intwined his fingers with yours and held on to your hand. He really did treasure you above his own life. He couldn't help it though. You captured his heart and soul. He couldn't bring himself to love anyone more than you.