18: Brand

Rin's P.O.V

Silence. Quiet. No Talking. No thinking. No thoughts. Silence. Silence. Silence. Nothing but scilence. That is what I was learning. Stay queit and everything will be okay. After hearing in over and over it started to sound true. Don't speak unless apoken too. Don't move unless ordered. Don't resist under any circumstance. I sat with my head on my knees staring at the floor.

"While you guys enjoy your release, Rin's mind will slowly melt away until she dips into silence. When you see her again she will be muted and you will get nothing out of her." Amadi said to Marcie and Hayley. They looked up with shock. That's right, I will end up not doing anything. I will sit here while I am being tortured without any way to escape.

"Amadi -" Hal started but was interuppted by Emma who jumped at him. Amadi grabbed Emma and smashed her down to the ground.

"I am not going to lose to - AAAAAAGH!" he yelled. Emma bit him tearing flesh off of Amadi and jumping back. Amadi grabbed Emma again and held her down by her neck. I looked around fratically before closing my eyes and pushing him off Emma. He glared at me as Hal grabbed Emma and more workers came in. "Get her out." Amadi ordered and then walked closer to me. I ducked my head a little before he slapped me. Fear welled up inside of me while the pain in my face grew. "What have a taught you? What did I say about resisting me?!" he grabbed me by the neck and pulled out a pocket knife.

"Please I -"

"I want you dead now Rin. You are going to die here and now." he interrupted.

"But I -"

"I want you dead and that is all that matters. What are you going to do as I hold this knife to your throat? Or what are you going to do when I slice it. . . Well?"

"I don't know." I choked out.

"Rin! I want you dead so what's going to happen." he ordered again.

"I'm going to die." I finally admitted.

"Right, and what are you going to do about it?" he said a little calmer.

"Stay still and silent as I wait for the kill."

"That's right. Now I request you say now. Are you going to plead for your life. Get down on your knees and beg for forgivness to save your sorry life." I did as he said and got on my knees putting my head down and my hands flat against the ground.

"Please. I will not do it again. Forgive me for my mistake." I pleaded making him smirk.

"Your plea has been accepted." I smiled. "But I am not going to just let you go. I have an idea of how to remind you that you are mine without taking your life." I waited on the ground. "Stand up and follow me. Stay silent and don't try anything foolish." he ordered. He unlocked the door and walked out and I did the same. He went down the old stairs as I followed him down to a way to familiar room. The torture chamber.

"Where would you like me to sit?" I asked and he pointed over to a chair with restraints on it. I went over and sat down waiting for him to tie me up. He did. At least he tied my hands and feet. Then he walked over to the fire place and pulled out a long piece of metal that had a smoking hot end. Its a branding iron. He walked over to me with a smirk.

"Close your eyes and hold still." he ordered. I was hesitant​ but I did as he told me. Slowly I closed my eyes but I felt him grab me by the shoulder and touch the burning metal over my right eye. I screamed as my skin started to blister and burn. He pushed it harder in to my eye making the pain triple. Then he pulled off with the skin over my eyes ripping like velcro.

"Now lets see if your going to disobey me again. I doubt it, but it's a possibility. I mean, you are the famous Rin Nakamura, so who knows. Your famous for killing paitents and theropists. I was a possible victem in order to get you like this. You did steal my eyes. So I stole yours." My eye felt like it was welded shut and the skin bubbled with the sensation of excruiating pain. He unlocked my restraints and I held my eye trying to get it opened but it didn't work. I would have to get it cut open. He showed me my face in a hand held mirrior.

"I-I-I-I."

"Yup. Don't you look better now." I felt the now scared tissue on my eyes. There was an 'A' in fancy lettering branded to my skin. Tears leaked from my eye and under the eyelid of the other. Why did this happen to me? All of this happened to me instead of just being read in a book. I used to be a normal girl with nothing to show for it until all of this asylum stuff went down. "I asked you a question." he pointed out.

"I-I don't like it."

"Good. Looks like I did well. Now everytime you look at your own face you will be reminded of who is your boss. You offically belong to me now. That mark is the symbol of your submission." I narrowed my eye and stood up.

"I never ever submitted to you." I snarled.

"Your sure?" he hinted.

"Don't mess with my head."

"I work in an asylum. It's my job." he said.

"I don't care."

"Don't you use that tone with me." he growled before reaching for my throat. I used the back of my hand hitting his  grip away and then I stomped the heel of my foot on the inside of his foot. He started to fall and I hit him in the forehead making him fall to the floor.

"You shouldn't be ordering​ me around. That's my job."

---------------------------
Word Count: 1034