7: Friends

"Really. This place is different?" Marcie asked.

"You never figured it out?" I asked her.

"Well. We all have only been here and not in any other asylums. You have." Hayley speculated. I sighed.

"Yeah. I guess you're right, but still." I thought. The door creaked open showing Dr. Amadi. He's here. That's quick. An eye patch was over one of his eyes and he looked at me in disgust.

"Our little murderer is awake." He growled.

"I never killed you." I said looked away. "I wish I did. I thought of that when I woke up. I should have gone for tearing out the heart instead of tearing out the eye. It would have been a lot more fun doing it that way."

"Well. Forget about it. You will never get another chance." He told me. I shrugged.

"Time will come. I won't be locked up in chains my whole life."

"Sure. Let me show you what happens when you're one this floor." he looked up to the ceiling where there were video cameras. "Hal. Give her vile 3." he said. I narrowed my eyes as he smirked at me. A purple liquid made it's way down the tube and into my neck. Pain shot through my body as it entered my bloodstream. I screamed while Dr. Amadi started to hold me down in the chair.

"Hey!" Emma yelled as she approached.

"If you come any closer then you will get the same treatment." he snapped. Hot tears flowed down my face, and I breathed heavily. Suddenly, I couldn't move. He through me to the ground and the floor pressed against my cheek.

"Vile three. A poison that first targets the nerves and creates heavy pain. Then turns into a paralysis rendering you harmless as a little bunny."

"Bunnies can bite. And it hurts." I growled.

"I suppose so." he then picked me up off the floor any undid my jacket causing my arms to be freed. He threw me back to the floor and took out my IV tube. He walked to the door and opened it bringing in a wheelchair. I stared and he rolled it next to me. He picked me up from under the arms and set me down in the chair.

"Let's go." he said. I frowned at him as we left the room leaving my friends to watch.

"We can't just let him go."

"I'm confused. He never did this to us. I remember the water tank and the room, but not this. I wonder what he will do now." Marcie stated.

"I'm not waiting to ask Rin after she gets tortured." Emma said walking out the door begining to follow us. Marcie and Hayley followed right after her.

My head fell forward as me went down the elevator to get to the basement. He scanned a key card to allow him to push the button leading us down. My breathing was getting slower the longer I had this poison in my system. The door opened and he rolled me out. He stopped looking around.

"What should we do first. Oh I know. Let's start with a classic." he said rolling me over next to the wall. He picked up my hand and chained both of my arms up above my head. I was no longer in the chair and I just hung there on the wall.

"Let's see. Your an arsonist and a murder. So then let's do this." Dr. Amadi lit a candle with a match and set it on a table. He sat the blade on top of it warming it up. Then he grabbed another knife and pointed it to my eye.

"How about the eye. Or wait. The heart." he said repositioning the knife.

"Says the one that wants me alive."

"Who says I care if you live."

"I did. It's not science. You torture to control. You want to control because your human. Humans want to be better. They strive for it. So you want to use me for something. Either that or you want to prove that you can beat me." I explained. He slashed my cheek with the knife. He looked over to the knife that was heating.

"It's not even red yet. This is taking forever." then he picked up a blow torch and began to heat the knife with that instead. The knife was red hot and it was literally smoking. He brought it over to my body and placed it over where my heart would be. The skin automatically blistered and I bit my lip to prevent a scream. I couldn't help but whimper. He smiled as he looked down at my burn.

"Now. How about I pull out some teeth. Or better yet. Tear the nails off of your toes and fingers." he said. He shrugged and heated up the knife again. He brought it over to my eye having the point so close that I could feel the heat from it. Suddenly Emma came out of nowhere and pulled Dr. Amadi back. Marcie and Hayley followed her lead and they fought him. Reinforcements came from the stairs and grabbed the girls.

"Leave them here. They wanted to save their friend. So now they can have a lesson together." he told them. Different people chained Marcie, Hayley, and Emma up beside me. He dropped the knife into a bucket of water making stem rise up.

"Maybe a little less physical torture and a little more mental damage." he said looking around on some shelves. He grabbed a vile of black medicine from the self and showed us it.

"I remember when I used this quite often. Then they forbid us from using it, but since I'm now the leader here, I can do what I want."

"What are you playing at?" Emma asked.

"This, is a old trick used to get into the minds of people. Scare them senseless by using their own pasts." he said.

"First off Marcie. Reminded of the day she was put in here. When the voices took you to far." he started. Marcie looked down to the floor.

"Hayley. Having the fact haunt you that so many people hate you so much that they get restraining orders on you. Even your very own parents don't want you." tears bricked her eyes.

"Emma. Living in fear of the day that you lose it again. Go against your friends and family. Maybe even getting your sister hurt." she just stared at him in silence, but I knew his voice was getting to her.

"and lastly, Rin. Such a cracked heart that you just don't even look to others as your comrades. Just another person who will get in your way. You set fire to your home and your school. Watching as the flames burned your parents and your friends. Then the people who pressured you into doing it, now fearing you for what they have created." I looked at him in anger.

"Shut your mouth. You have no right to talk about us. You're just as scarred as we are. You climb to the top by throwing your opponents into fear. Well it won't work on me." I growled.

"Really. Is that how you see it. Honestly I think that this is the perfect thing to get you to shape up. The only reason why your friends are getting this is because they tried to help you." Dr. Amadi said before filling a needle with the black liquid. Once he had enough he walked over to me. His finger touched my temple finding a good place to insert. The needle pushed through and I held my breath trying to hold back the pain. The needle came out and I looked at him.

"You will not feel the effects right away. Just long enough for me to give it to all of your friends." he said. I watched as all of them got the treatment. My head started to pound and my eyes started to want to close.

"Rin. Are you okay?" Marcie asked me as my vision blurred. Soon enough my eye closed and I fell into the dreadful place of my mind. My memories.
-----------------------
I have a few things to say. First of all, this chapter goes to kihyun666 for all of the nice comments, votes, and advice that she has given me through me books. Secondly, the next few chapters will be some back stories to Emma, Marcie, Hayley and of course Rin. Lastly, Sorry I have not updates in the last couple days. I got into writing another book because of an idea I got from a couple t.v shows of mine. Actually I am deciding on publishing it and I need your guys advice to do so. I have a book in my works titles Story Ideas. The last chapter posted called Will of the Black Blood is my idea. So please check that out and let me know if it sounds good to you guys or not.

Word Count: 1506