Meant To Be Yours

A/N Inspired by not only the song but the absolutely fabulous video above.

'Come on, Eren! All is forgiven! We have a date tonight!' Levi called, his mouths inches from the door, shouting through to the trembling boy on the other side. Levi smiled sadistically, his palm raised flat on the door as he leant his weight against it. The door didn't budge. Not only was it locked but barricaded too.

Eren had never been more terrified in his life. His boyfriend, and psychopath, was waiting just outside his room, ready to light the match and watch chaos ensue. He had fallen in love with the most dangerous guy in school; he should have known the sly looking boy with the raven hair covering his face and a tattoo on his neck would be more than just trouble. Eren had never signed himself up for this, though. He hadn't found the bad boy. He had found the insane boy.

'Come on, Eren! I know we're not over, not yet. You wouldn't let that happen, would you? You threw me out of your life but I know you want me back. I do!' His voice sounded pleading, innocent almost. Almost. Levi would never be innocent, not in a thousand years. 'It hit me that it isn't you who didn't want me. It's society. You're letting yourself be a pawn, Eren. You love me, I know you do! Just come out, please.' And there go the rants again. The rants of society being against him. The rants of him being an outcast.

Of course, he was an outcast, that's just what murderers are.

'You know I'm right, Eren. I know you know I am!' His voice echoed loudly, his deep voice resonating around the room like a sonic boom. Eren cringed, hiding his body within itself as if to protect himself from the sound. He pushed his fingers in his ears and blocked the sound but he could still hear.

Every single venom-laced word.

'Those assholes are the key! Your so-called friends are keeping you away from me! They've made you blind and made up your mind. This isn't your decision, I know it isn't!' Another knock, another plea, another sob wracking Eren's body. They didn't make up his mind. Levi said it with so much surety. He was wrong. Levi was always wrong. Because Levi couldn't tell the difference between wrong and right. There was no line to him, they were one in the same. Or, maybe if he did the see the line, it was blurred or moved or no...these are just excuses. The only thing to be said about Levi is that he is ill. You can't blame him because he is ill.

But who do you blame if not the criminal?

'Come on, Eren! Come out! I can set you free! We can do what we want! You don't have to hide anymore!' Levi's voice dripped with enthusiasm: a sick, dark, twisted enthusiasm that Eren couldn't quite wrap his head around.

'Please, Eren.' He begged when silence became his response. Levi wouldn't leave, though, they both knew that. Levi set his mind on something and never took his eye off it.

'When you left me, I fell apart. I punched and I cried and I screamed. You changed me for the better! You made me let the emotions in and now I'm vulnerable. So, please, don't leave me alone.' He begged, his voice frail and gentle. Eren knew better. His mind pleaded for him to let Levi in. Eren knew better. He wanted to, one reach and he could unlock the door. Eren knew better.

'Come on, Eren.' Levi whined, the fragility leaving his voice by the second. Eren was right to have known better. Levi was the king of manipulation, of emotion changes, of Eren. 'You want to hear my plan? You'll like it, I bet you will.' He spoke slyly, his voice deep and grave.

'I've built a bomb, Eren. A bomb.' He whispered through the door, his mouth no doubt against it. He couldn't go without Eren hearing the plan. He had to have that at the least. And anyway, soon enough, even if Eren didn't open the door, he would break it down.