Chapter 20-Edited

Começar do início

"Rogues were found near the edge of the territory." I immediately jump up from his lap and start heading downstairs with Ryder on my heels. When we get to the basement of the pack house, we see some of our scouts who were on patrol and a few rogues. One of the rogues has a box in its hand.

It's weird because I don't really feel a bad vibe coming from these rogues. Also, they're surprisingly calm despite the fact that they've been captured by the most feared pack in the world. They are either really stupid, or they are really brave. I know I would be scared to death.

"Why are you on my land?" Ryder's question was met by silence from the rogues. They didn't meet his gaze and they didn't look like they were willing to talk. Instead they had their head faced to the ground in submission. I give Ryder a confused glance, and I see that he's puzzled too. Rouges don't usually respect pack members, especially alphas. Usually they say snide remarks or something.

"I'm going to ask again. What were you doing near my pack?" The rogues don't say anything, but I see a few of them swallow nervously. Honestly, I'm kind of scared too, but his alpha voice is such a turn on and I...

No. I can't be thinking of that. I need to focus on the task at hand. I fight the blush that was making its way onto my face, and I make sure that my breathing is normal so I don't pass out or something.

Deep breaths. Deep breaths.

"Why are you on my land? This is the last time I'm going to ask this question." This is the third time Ryder has asked this, and I can see his patience is running thin. The rogues remain silent, and they continue to look at the ground. I don't know why, but I don't really feel like they are a part of whatever is going on.

Ryder is about to yell at them when one of them speaks up.

"We were told to bring this package to this pack by a hooded man. He said that he would kill our mates and children. We didn't have a choice," the man explains quickly. Ryder thinks over what the man said, and he nods his head.

"Alpha, where do you want the rouges?" One of the scouts asks. I think his name is Jeremy, but I'm not sure.

"Please bring them to the cellar. I will deal with them later. Also, please bring them some blankets and food, they look like they've traveled a long way."

Some of the scouts bring the rouges over to the cellars where they will be questioned for everything they know. I'm pretty sure we all know who is behind this, but I don't want to think about it.

"Luna, we saw this box near the edge of the border when we saw the rouges. It has your name on it."

"Thank you. You can put it down on the ground for right now. It looks really heavy."

The scouts put the box down in front of me before they bow and take a few steps back. I see a crowd has formed, and everyone is standing around the room tensely. We're all waiting for a sign that means we have to defend ourselves.

We stand there for about 5 minutes, but nothing happens. I decide to see what's in the box because the suspense is killing me. I slowly kneel down to the ground, but I make no move to open the box yet.

I grab the box and I stare at it suspiciously. I look around and see everyone is waiting with baited breath to see what's in the box. This could be the first sign of war. I gulp nervously before I open the box.

Chelsea's POV

I hate how my life has turned out. I hate everything. My entire life has gone bad because of that one incident, and no matter how hard I try, I'm never good enough. No matter what I do my life continues to get more and more messed up.

I don't want this life. I wish things were different. If I could go back and change things from my past, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Today, John tried to talk to me. I had to ignore him since my parents were there, and I knew he wanted to ask me for a chance. I hate hurting him and seeing the look on his face as I continually reject him. Who knows, maybe one day he will find someone who isn't as messed up as me, and they can be happy.

My wolf howls in my head at that thought, and I can feel my already broken heart break even more. I want to be with him, but I can't. Being around him is too painful, and that's why I can't be tied down to him, or anyone else.

I'm like a bad disease and I'm damaged goods. I know that if John ever knew the truth, he would be disgusted with me. He would say that it was my fault that his dad violated me. Everyone is always calling me a slut, so maybe it was my fault. Maybe my clothes were too revealing, or I said something that made him think that I wanted him.

I know people think that "sluts" don't have feelings, and they'll have sex with anyone, but I'm honestly not like that. I just want to forget, and when I'm with guys, I can forget, even if it's for a little while.

I don't enjoy my lifestyle, but there's nothing I can do about it. I don't have any real friends, and all the guys think that I'll sleep with them no matter what, so I've just stopped trying to fight their advances.

I just ignore what people say, and I try to hide just how broken I am. My parents have such high expectations for me, and no matter what I do, it's never good enough. There's always something wrong with it. It's been awful since Elizabeth left the pack. Zack has been horrible to everyone, and he's overworking everyone to make sure we take down Ryder.

We have to train for 10 hours each day. Everyone who Zack thinks can fight in this war will be fighting. In some cases, entire families will be fighting. He's having everyone from the ages 14-60 fighting. That's a majority of the pack, and some of them have just shifted for the first time within the last month or so. Some of the older members are too old to be fighting, and they will be one of the first to die.

I'm not allowed to train with the pack since I'm now Zack's personal slave. I have to do everything that he tells me to do since apparently he found out about my secret. I don't know how he knows since I never told anyone, but he does. If I don't do what he wants, he's going to kill John.

I know I rejected him, and I treat him like crap, but he's still my mate. I'm doing everything that I'm doing to protect him.

I hope that he will forgive me for everything I've done because I honestly don't know what I would do if he didn't.