Chapter Six: Midna's Arrival

How did Mayor Bo's invitation get lost?! The Mail Man has never lost a letter! Has he?! These questions ran through Zelda's head as she carefully wrote out a new invitation for Mayor Bo.

Link had taken a trip to Ordon Village and found out that Bo hadn't received his invitation to the fifth year anniversary of the ending of the Twilight Invasion celebration. As a result, Link had informed Zelda by hawk. That large hawk watched Zelda as she finished up the letter, put it in an envelope, and sealed it with the Royal Family's Crest.

Not really knowing what to do now, Zelda held out the letter to the hawk. He tilted his head and finally got the clue. The hawk took the letter in his beak and started to hop towards the open window. Smiling, Zelda ruffled the hawk's feathers, "Give the letter directly to Link."

Zelda felt incredibly silly talking to a bird, and expecting it to follow orders. But to her suprise, the hawk jumped through the window and headed south towards Ordon.

Zelda sighed, rested her chin on her fist and looked at the rising sun. She enjoyed watching the sky change colors as the sun started it's long climb into the blue sky. It became a habit for Zelda to wake up early each day, she couldn't remember the last time she had slept in. Or if she has ever slept in.

Link was supposed to come back to Hyrule Castle just in time for the grand celebration a day after tommorow. Link decided he needed to pay a well earned visit to his old home. He had been working himself to hard. As a result, Zelda begged him to take a little break for a while. Zelda was relieved to know Link wasn't having any weird nightmares lately, which put her mind at ease.

Now, all she had to do was wait for the day of the party would arrive. Zelda's mind wandered to Midna. Did she get her invitation in time? Hopefully.

Zelda got up from her desk and walked out her study. Her footsteps echoed throughout the empty corridors of the castle as she made her way to the palace gardens.

Once she got to the gardens, Zelda found a bench and flopped down on it. She had been so worked up for the last two weeks with planning this whole celebration, hopefully she could finally relax at the celebration. Hopefully is the key word.

"Someone looks stressed."

Zelda sat up straight and saw the Twilight Princess standing before her with her signature smirk playing on her lips. Midna sat down next to Zelda, "I got your invitation."

"That's a relief", Zelda sighed happily.

"So", Midna leaned back. "Why are you stressed?"

"Planning parties is more work than it's cut out for", Zelda explained.

"Ah. I see", Midna nodded her head. "How's Link doing."

"He's doing fine. Other than the fact he had some weird dreams that bothered him, but he hasn't had them for a while now", Zelda told Midna.

"That's good", Midna replied. "I think someone is messing with my head back in the Twilight Realm. I keeping thinking...I don't know. I'm at a loss for words; or you could just say I'm very confused."

"We just need to learn how to relax?" Zelda suggested.

Midna groaned, "Exactly."