Roommates

"I hate you!" I screamed at Ren.

"I love you!" He screamed back.

I step back in shock. I was not expecting that. I grab my keys off the coffee table and run out the door and drive away. How did this even start, how did it even get to this? I know, it started like this...

--

"What? It cost this much monthly?" I ask the realtor.

"Maybe you should try to find a roommate."

"Yes, that's a great idea! Thank you."

I go home and print off some roommate wanted signs. I post them all around the city. Hopefully someone calls soon.

The next afternoon, my phone starts ringing. I answer it. "Hello?

"Oh, hello. My name is Kylo Ren. I saw one of your signs for a wanted roommate. I wanted to know if you were still looking for one."

"Well, I still am. Are you interested?"

"Uh, yeah. I just got out of collage and I'm looking for a place to stay till I find a better place, for myself."

"Okay, great. I'll meet you at the cafe, down the street from where the place is, at 5:00pm tomorrow?"

"Yes, that will work for me."

"Great, see you then."

"Bye."

He hung up. I'm surprised I got a call that fast. I'm pretty excited. I just hope the guy is nice. Or easy to live with.

--

I wait for Kylo Ren at the cafe. It's 4:58, he should be here soon. I look through the glass of the store and I see this really gorgeous man walking torwards the cafe. He has longish black hair. It looks so soft. And he looks to be about 6'3. He walks into the cafe and looks around. When he sees me, he smiles. He walks over. "Hi, you must be Rey." He holds out his hand for me to shake it. I shake his hand and nod. But on the inside I was screaming. I wasn't expecting him to look like this. For a second I forgot we were in a conversation. "You must be Kylo Ren."

"Uh, yes, but usually people call me by just Kylo or Ren."

"Okay, I'll call you Ren."

"Great. So are you in collage?"

"I actually am starting in the fall."

"So you're a freshmen?"

"Yes."

"I remember when I was a freshie. It feels like yesterday. But anyways, you want to go look at this apartment?"

"Yeah, let's go."

--

"Wow, this place is nice." He says looking around the room.

"I know."

"I'm in."

"Really?"

"Yeah, this place is really nice and perfect for what I was looking for."

"Great, you want to go sign the papers?"

"Yeah."

We go sign the papers and we start moving in. A week later we are both moved in. We didn't have that much stuff to move.

Tonight is the first night I stay here. I love this apartment. But that's not even the best part. The best part is Ren. He's helped me with everything.  He helped me bring my boxes in. He put everything away. He just keeps getting better and better.