Pretending or Not? (Part II)

I get up out of bed and then remembered, I'm engaged to a man I particularly don't like. I walk into the building I work at and also the building where my new fiancee is. I am hoping that when I go in there, he isn't the first face I see. But knowing my luck, he is. He walks over to me. "Ah, Ms. Rey, will you come with me to my office?" I nod and look around as everybody stares at us.

When we get to his office I immediately start asking questions. "Do they kn- "
" -No. They shouldn't. But there is a possibility that Alex could have told some of them to make sure that we are "really" in love. And we have to tell them sometime so we might as well look like we are falling in love."

"Why me?" I say to myself.

"You walked in at the right time."

"Ugh" I say as I sit in a chair across from his desk. He looked uncomfortable for a second. He comes and sits on the arm of the chair I'm sitting in. His hands goes to his pant pocket he brings out a box. "What's this?" I say looking at him and then back at the box.

"Your ring."

He gives me the box and I open it. My jaw drops. It's the most beautiful ring I've ever seen. Every diamond is perfectly placed. It seems like the center one has a light in it. After what felt like forever staring at the ring, I look at Ren. "I can't except this. When I said ring, I didn't mean like this."

"You worry too much."

"Excuse me?"

"How are you gonna be my wife if you worry too much?"

"I'm not your wife."

"Yet."

I just sit there silently. When I took this job I never knew that I would get a second job. I get up from the chair. "Excuse me, but I actually have some work to do." He gestures his hand towards the door. I leave the room.

--

It's Saturday. It's a weekend. Finally. I don't have to see Ren. Then I hear a knock at the door. Who is knocking on my door and eight o'clock in the moring?

I open the door and these very large men come barging in. When they all come in I see who is behind them. Ren. "What the hell is going on?" I say standing on my little house steps. "We are taking some of your stuff and bringing it to mine, including you.

"We had a deal."

"Yes. But my parents are coming over tomorrow and they want to meet the "love of my life" and besides, I think you'll like my house better."

"No. Find yourself another wife."

I walk away but the large men make a wall that I can't get through. Then I feel his hands go around me and swing me over his shoulder. "Ren. Put me down!" I yell pounding on his back. It wasn't making a difference. He puts me in the car and walks around and gets in the other side. He shuts the door and locks it. "What are you doing?" I ask.

"Spending the day with you."

"No. You are not. Now open the door."

"Yeah, no. I need to spend time with you and get to know you if people are gonna think that you are my wife."

"Ugh." I sink in my car seat. "Where are we going?"

"First, we are getting some breakfast. I'm starving."

"What about those guys in my house?"

"They'll just be moving a couple things to my house. You have a problem with that? Unless you're hiding something?"

I shake my head.

"Good. Now lets enjoy the day."

--