"Nope."

  ★

Steve and Tony looked at each other, silently daring the other to speak.

Tony nodded his head to the window. "Who's your hooded friend?"

Steve glanced at Chloe, seeing how rigid her body was. He could understand after a year of knowing her. She was in an unknown place surrounded by strangers, how could she not be on edge?

Steve shook his head. "It's not my secret to tell."

"Because," Tony said, ignoring him, "I snagged a picture a few days back, ran her through facial recognition, and I found nothing. Nothing at all. It's like she doesn't even exist."

Steve sighed in relief, his eyes glancing over to the teenager. A teenager. She doesn't need to be in this mess. "She's a secretive person. I don't even know that much about her."

"And yet you still trust her?"

The Captain pondered for a moment, an obvious answer coming to his mind. "I would trust her with my life. I already have a couple times."

Tony nodded, glancing down at the table. "How old is she? Nineteen, twenty?"

Steve raised an eyebrow. "Why?"

"What is she to you? A sister figure, a daughter figure, a protegee?" Tony said, his hand gesturing to the Assassin. "If she was to get caught, she's old enough to go to an actual prison, not Juvy."

Steve felt a pang in his heart. "Well, I guess we're both lucky that she's smart enough to not get caught."

Tony hummed, looking out the window to see her back. Who was she?

Leaving the amused man, Chloe moved to an unoccupied couch, where she found the new Wakandan king sitting on the other side. She gave him a curt nod, and sat down, closing her eyes for half a second―

They were on a train― why is it always raining?― both London Assassins fighting a Blighter. Rexford Kaylock? Was that his name? Something along those lines. Evie kicked him off the train, and Jacob picked up the, what was that, a grappling hook? They looked back, and for a moment she swore they looked at her

―and when she opened them, she saw Natasha staring right at her. The older woman gave her a smile. "I didn't see you come in."

Chloe shrugged. "Most people didn't."

Natasha nodded, glancing down at the sitting woman. "Do you really want to be here? You could leave, stay out of this mess."

"Nat, while I appreciate you trying to protect me― trust me, I really do―" she said, looking up at the woman. "I owe Cap a favor. Can't back out now."

"Not going to lie, I kind of expected that." she nodded, smiling. "Speaking of, I think Cap wants to see you. He's in the conference room."

Chloe nodded to her, smiling. Pulling herself from the couch, she joined Steve in the glass conference room. She walked up to the standing man and nodded. "Cap."

"Chloe." he greeted, his eyes glued to the monitor screen in front of him. "Was that you, with the buzzer thing?"

She nodded, turning to sit down next to Sam. She spun in her chair, looking at the distant screens that monitored the room Bucky was being held in. She glanced at Sam. "Is the glass cage necessary? Like I said, they're treating him like an animal."