Chapter 4

The next Saturday

I hadn't been to school this week but i wanted to get my life back to normal. It had been a week since that day and i decided to go back into work. I put my clothes on grabbed some breakfast and left. Luckily the orphanage was only about 5 minutes further from the cafe so i could still walk there.

'Hey we didn't expect to see you in today' Mark said when i walked through the door.
'I wanted to come back. It helps me forget.' I replied
'Ok, can you do table 15 again.' Again does that mean they came back today.
I walked over to the table and sure enough Lin, Vanessa and Sebastian were sat there.
'Hey' i said. Damn to casual Mimi you don't actually know them.
'Hey we were hoping to see you again' said Lin
'Can i get you any drinks?' I asked remembering i was at work
'Yh we'll get a two lattes and a chocolate milk' this time Vanessa replied
'Ok i'll be right back.' And i scurried off to get the orders. Don't get me wrong seeing them was great but it just reminded me of last week. I could suddenly feel tears slipping down my face. I kept my head down as i walked back to the table with their drinks hoping they wouldn't notice.
I placed the drinks on the table.
'Thanks' said Lin. I began to turn around thinking i had gotten away with no one noticing.
'Hey are you ok Mimi?' I heard Vanessa ask.
I turned back around and tears were streaming down my face i couldn't help it.
I shook my head in reply and Lin stood up to give me a hug. He grabbed a chair and pulled it over to his table. God he is like the sweetest person.
'Hey what's wrong?' He asked
'Nothing' i tried to say through tears. I didn't need to worry them with my problems.
'Come on maybe we can help' he said. I wanted to tell them. I wanted to talk about it so i didn't have to just keep thinking about it alone.
'My, my parents died last week and i just, seeing you guys here reminded me of how good my day and started off and then it just went to hell.' I burst out crying again. Lin lent in to give me a hug.
'I'm so sorry.' He said and you tell he truly meant it.
'Thanks' i replied.
'I'd better get back to work' and i stood up leaving them to finish their coffee.

Lins pov

She seemed like a really sweet kid and seeing anyone upset was hard to take.
'She seemed really sweet.' I said to Vanessa.
'Yeah i feel so bad for her.'
'Maybe she could come out with us later imm sure they would let her have the time off work given her situation.' I said
'That would be nice and hey we need a babysitter for Seb whilst we're here maybe she would be up for it.' Replied Vanessa.
'Ok when she comes back i'll ask her.'
I finished my coffee and saw Mimi coming back over to collect the cups.

'Hey we were wondering if wanted to come out with us this afternoon.' As i asked her her face lit up. That was great to see maybe we could help her forget for just a couple hours.
'I would love to but um work.' She replied.
'It's ok i'll go talk to your manager.' I said. I really wanted her to come. She needed something good in her life right now.
'Um ok he's over there.' She replied pointing to the blonde man at the counter. I walked over there and introduced myself.
'Hi i'm Lin' i said shaking his hand.
'Roger' he replied. I laughed to myself. Is everyone here named after a character from Rent.
'I was wondering if Mimi could get the rest of the day off so we can take her out.' I asked
'Yes of course. I think she needs it.' He replied. He was a nice man, that was easier than i thought it would have been.
'Ok thank you.'
I walked back to the table Mimi was talking to Vanessa and playing with Seb.
'He said yes, go get your stuff and we can go.' I paid the bill while Mimi got rid of her apron and signed out of her shift.

Mimis pov
Ok i was freaking out. Lin-Manuel Miranda had asked me out for the day with his family. Was this actually happening. I signed out on the staff sheet and took off my apron.
'See you next week.' I said to Roger as i left.
'Hey, enjoy yourself.' He said.
I walked back to the table were Lin was waiting.
'Ready?' He said
'Yeah lets go.' I replied.
'Wait where are we going?' I asked i had no idea what we were actually gonna do.
'It's a surprise' replied Lin.
Damn i hate surprises.

_____________________________________________
A/N
I hope you guys are enjoying this. I'm trying to write as many chapters as i can while i actually have some ideas. Also i have no idea how adoption works so if i get stuff wrong i am very sorry.
Beth x